Where is Everyone?

Except Personal Attacks

Where is Everyone?

Postby vannin » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:05 pm

Silly question really, as we are only allowed to be at home. I am now into week five of my twelve weeks.
vannin

Re: Where is Everyone?

Postby Lacemaker » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:47 am

I’m at home, too, Vannin, and have been for the last fortnight apart from a trip to buy groceries last Wednesday. I tried to order a home delivery but I was told that only vulnerable people could have home delivery in spite of the fact I had registered my details with Woolworths ! I tried again this morning and it looks as though I am now on their list. Looking forward to Friday’s delivery now.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Young Goat » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:56 am

I'm here ! I read the forum every day and answer some posts, mostly Penny's quizzes but she hasn't set one for a few days. I hope she is all right !!
Young Goat

Postby vannin » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:08 am

Lacemaker wrote:I’m at home, too, Vannin, and have been for the last fortnight apart from a trip to buy groceries last Wednesday. I tried to order a home delivery but I was told that only vulnerable people could have home delivery in spite of the fact I had registered my details with Woolworths ! I tried again this morning and it looks as though I am now on their list. Looking forward to Friday’s delivery now.

I have a delivery due tomorrow. Hazel, I am astonished you still have Woolworths in Oz - for us that is a blast from the distant past!
Stay safe. :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:21 am

Morning all, sorry not to have been around. Son has been ill for two weeks and of course I have been worried sick. Been trying to phone but as per no good from here. Son bought me one of those little things which take pictures and of course that went off too. Hubby keeps the housephone and tells me not to answer it. Can't remember when I had a decent call. Sorry I have not felt like adding quizzes, thought folk were going off, sorry Young Goat. Will make an effort. Take care all and stay well. Our fourth week in isolation, will be so pleased when all over. Cannot get any home deliveries, relying on little village shop to bring stuff over. What a to-do. cheers Penny :sorry:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:50 am

Good morning everyone.Sorry to hear your son isn't well Penny,hope he gets well soon.Have you not got a mobile phone that you can use.

I gave up posting here as it was like talking to myself.I do that indoors. :roflmao: I have spent 4 weeks indoors so far.Hasn't gone to bad,as I know everyone else has to do it too.Pity I didn't have a garden though,my legs aren't going to walk once the all clear is here. :roflmao:

All take care.I am going to do some water colour painting soon.
maggieh

Postby widget » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:42 pm

I'm here, but I missed Penny's quiz, don't know how I missed that
widget

Postby twin1947 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:51 pm

I am here too,why dont you try Iceland for a shopping slot Penny i got one at 11.30 today and my shopping is coming in the morning between 8am and 10am.At least the weather has been nice so far,although a bit chilly for me,i am still wearing my thermal vests lol.
I have been looking in here but so quite i just go out again.Hope everyone is keeping well.
twin1947

Postby vannin » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:10 pm

Tonight my hands and arms are aching from all the clapping. In a good cause though. :clapper:
vannin

Postby maggieh » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:16 am

I was indoors doing my clapping Viv.Its nice that loads of people take part in it.Logan joined in with a saucepan and wooden spoon. :roflmao:

I changed my living room round a bit yesterday,it was hard work,pulled a muscle in my back.So not doing much today.Have had 2 migraines so far since 8.30am. :roll:

Was nice to see you posting Dita,hope you are managing to get a shopping slot.Take care everyone. :bighugs: :bighugs: :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi! good to see you Maggieh, I too was on the doorstep last night having a clap, at least in the middle of so much sadness for many people, there is still optimism in the world. I could not get a delivery from Teso but Sainsburys have me on their priority list for which I am very grateful for. Ordered yesterday and it arrives on Monday, I would be lost without my neighbours too they have been kindness itself since my hubby died. Hi Vannin & Trixie, another 3weeks in complete isolation :) we will have a full forum if it keeps it up :) Hugs from me and Dolly xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Hope nobody is going stir crazy under these strange situation. Time seems to fly by! I get up in the morning and before long it's time for lunch then dinner, then I'm climbing into bed again! I managed to find time for mowing the lawn a couple of days ago-well more a question of vaccuuming leaves up, but at least it looked neater. I don't know how I ever had time to go to work!!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:16 am

dita wrote:Hi! good to see you Maggieh, I too was on the doorstep last night having a clap, at least in the middle of so much sadness for many people, there is still optimism in the world. I could not get a delivery from Teso but Sainsburys have me on their priority list for which I am very grateful for. Ordered yesterday and it arrives on Monday, I would be lost without my neighbours too they have been kindness itself since my hubby died. Hi Vannin & Trixie, another 3weeks in complete isolation :) we will have a full forum if it keeps it up :) Hugs from me and Dolly xx :grouphug:

I am in it for the long haul, 12 weeks total. Originally there was a threat of 4 months for this age group with risk factor. It is only due to the multiple embolisms on both lungs three years ago. But with anti-coagulants, I have been fine for over two years.
The virus situation seems to bring out the best in people. My neighbours were all fairly reserved before, but at the outset of this, three sets of neighbours all offered to get shopping or any other favour I might think to ask of them. So far, I haven't needed to ask, but was really quite moved by the kindness.
vannin

Postby vannin » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:22 am

Hi Michael Ciderman, your P.M. sounds like a highly sensible woman and is widely praised here. She is a heroine to my daughter,( London-based) who shares on Facebook the governmental news items from N.Z.

Re our daily timetable, the days are so same-y, I have to think for a few minutes waking up each day, what day it is.
vannin

Postby twin1947 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:44 pm

You are not alone Viv :roflmao:
twin1947

Next

Return to Anything Goes