So I am looking at June or July :sad:
vannin

Re: Where is Everyone?

Postby twin1947 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:52 pm

Not looking good for us all
twin1947

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:36 am

I have had a complete change of outlook, for the better (I think)
Recently I had an online consultation with the Practice Nurse, just to review my medications.

Although she has the authority to conduct consultation,it doesn't include medical opinion on GP level.
Since then, I have expected to receive confirmation as to being on the 'Shielding List', which is a centralised notification about needing to keep the extended isolation, and this is based on GP records and opinions. My expectation was based on the Practice Nurse saying I would probably be on it. That is why I was posting about still having many weeks to go. Some of you are probably having that prospect.
Have you had letters?

Notification has not arrived, and after hearing today on the news that the 'at risk' people had received theirs a while ago, I now believe I am not one of those needing the Shielding after all although nearer 80 than 70. Feeling cautiously quite pleased, I am not forgetting that the postal system is inundated at present and some deliveries are very delayed (I had some birthday cards a week late) So there may still be notification.
Heyho let's enjoy the sunshine! :sunglasses:
vannin

Postby maggieh » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Good afternoon Vannin.I have not had a letter as I have not got severe Asthma/Copd.So I am staying in with the over 70s group.The only time I have been out my front door is to take my rubbish downstairs.
There is 9 flats in this building so not everyone is going to be washing their hands,I went downstairs with a mask on and latex gloves. :roflmao:

Have a nice afternoon anyone else who pops in.Take care.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:38 pm

Yes, the gloves are essential for touching bin lids - or any part of public bins. Also porch door handles, letterboxes, the plastic bags or boxes that bring your shopping deliveries, and the envelopes of the letters that come, newspapers and magazines, library books. If we are in town, (and my last visit was 16th March), the shopping trolleys, shop doors, cash machines and your own card, lift buttons, anything on a bus and the bus shelters, paper money and most of all, the COINS, in fact best not to take the gloves off at all! But always wash and sanitize them as well as your hands!!
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:43 pm

I have two friends who were hospitalised in March with Covid, one is forty and the other is fifty and was always asthmatic. Although they recovered from the virus, recovery at home is long and hard. They have had weakness and fatigue constantly and can only walk a few yards without having to sit down. The younger one was the trainer of our fitness group and the most athletic female I have ever known. But she feels she may never be able to do that work again.
vannin

Postby twin1947 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:19 pm

We have a friend who fell over and broke hes leg and hes hip,got taken into hospital and was tested for the virus,which he had got,anyway hes ok got through it as think they had just caught it,but sadly hasnt been able to have the operation yet,and this was 3 weeks ago.But also cant have visitors so Hubby calls him quite often.
twin1947

Postby vannin » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:30 pm

twin1947 wrote:We have a friend who fell over and broke hes leg and hes hip,got taken into hospital and was tested for the virus,which he had got,anyway hes ok got through it as think they had just caught it,but sadly hasnt been able to have the operation yet,and this was 3 weeks ago.But also cant have visitors so Hubby calls him quite often.

What an awful situation for your friend. I hope the op will be done soon.
How is your elder sister who we knew as 'Mrs Root'? Do you three get together much in normal times when there is no lockdown?
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:19 pm

Hi Vannin, Trixie and everyone, just popped in to say Hello! I do hope all are well--or improving, whatever the case may be. I have just come online to order a Grocery Order for next week, have to rely on it because I cannot go out. Thought to pop on here too. Take Care of Yourselves Dolly & me xx
:grouphug: Hows mi friend Maisie????? not seen her---- :sunglasses:
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi Dita and Dolly, great to know you are getting along OK, albeit confined indoors. It is all very surreal. I have even been having weird dreams, not about the virus itself but a jumble of (possibly relevant) snatches of dream where I am in a strange place, alone in a street, lost because I don't know how I got there, then being swept along by a hurricane. I wake up with a start and find my best little friend watching me from the foot of the bed! Aren't pets even more wonderful in surreal times? Lots of love from me and Trixie to you and Dolly. :bighugs: :trink:
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:08 pm

Pleased to hear folk are alive and well. This virus getting me down too. Been stuck here for four weeks and no sign of a let up yet. Finally got Sainsbury to give me a slot. Should have been a month ago but a hitch appeared and I could not get anywhere. Finally got it sorted yesterday and stuff being delivered on Sunday morning. Very pleased because daughter, who is a carer has been up early and delivering to me. Do hope Maisie is O>K> and also Andere. Take care all and stay safe. Love to little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Yes, wondering about Maisie and Andere; also Pooh Dog, Laurie, Lacemaker, Marianne, Monika, Are you all OK?
vannin

Postby Poohdog » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:32 pm

Still here....nothing pleasant to post about I'm afraid.
Poohdog

Postby Lacemaker » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:25 am

I am fine, thanks, Vannin. I haven’t been out of the house now for around 4 weeks (except to check the mailbox) and after enjoying going out for lunch several times a week over the last few years I am really feeling the isolation. I have been talking on the phone and having FaceTime ‘meetings’ with the family and friends but I can’t hug the grandchildren.

My daughter in Victoria had intended to come up to Sydney with her family for her sister in law’s wedding but the wedding was cancelled so that was a disappointment, too.

Otherwise I don’t really have a lot to moan about - except for catching up on my reading list and solving lots of jigsaw puzzles. I have a jigsaw app which lets me convert my own photos into jigsaws so I can at least have fun doing these. I have the choice of how many pieces they consist of with the added advantage of not losing any pieces since they are all on the computer. They are so addictive that I have to force myself to do any routine household chores ! :mrgreen:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:08 am

Tomorrow is ANZAC Day, usually a day of big gatherings of a sombre nature but this year we are still isolating and people are putting symbols on their letter boxes, including me.

and the streets are so quiet! Almost no cars, just people walking their dogs, laughing a lot and making jokes about "2 metres separation" while walking in the middle of the road! :-)
The streets are devoid of vehicles
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes