Where is Everyone?

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Where is Everyone?

Postby dita » Sat May 09, 2020 2:29 pm

Just love em! Ciderman , the words so poignant. Like Vannin I too roamed the farm, a missing part of my finger reminds me of my hand getting trapped due to a working horse named Boxer throwing up his head just at an awkward moment----OUCH! My hand trapped underneath his neck collar and part of my finger gone for ever :) :grouphug:
meant to say----I was sat on its back at the time :roflmao:
dita

Postby vannin » Sat May 09, 2020 3:09 pm

dita wrote:Just love em! Ciderman , the words so poignant. Like Vannin I too roamed the farm, a missing part of my finger reminds me of my hand getting trapped due to a working horse named Boxer throwing up his head just at an awkward moment----OUCH! My hand trapped underneath his neck collar and part of my finger gone for ever :) :grouphug:
meant to say----I was sat on its back at the time :roflmao:

As you say, ouch! Were you rushed off in an ambulance? :sad:
vannin

Postby dita » Sat May 09, 2020 5:40 pm

Ha Ha it might be hard to believe Vannin but I was too scared to tell anyone, for one reason if the foreman had found out what had happened he would have been in trouble, also I would have been restricted somewhat from being on the cart- horses back anymore. It was bleeding alot and I rushed home with it soaking up blood screwed up in the hem of my jumper, they rushed me off to the Docs he was asking if I had kept the cut off bit of finger because he would have tried to stitch it back on, I told him it got trapped off in the field gate-----got away with that. For the next 6 weeks the teacher made me learn how to write with my left hand, this was my punishment for lying I have thought ever since. :grouphug: I feel quite proud of this true (almost) tale :roflmao: :roflmao: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Wed May 13, 2020 2:57 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I have been wondering how Maisie is.
vannin

Postby dita » Wed May 13, 2020 3:06 pm

Yes! I am wondering too, hope she is not in hospital again. ????
Maisie where art thou ????? :)
dita

Postby maggieh » Wed May 13, 2020 4:00 pm

Maisie is about,she has lost her way here. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Maywalk » Wed May 13, 2020 4:50 pm

Yes I am still around folks but i cant sit for long at the computer due to the back problem when I broke the bone in my verterbrae and finished up in hospital over Christmas.
I am looking for a better chair that will help with my back but with this lockdown those that I have seen will have to be put together and unfortunately I am unable to do it.
I have popped in most days but with never seeing anyone and not much interaction with folks I dont have much to say. I have to admit to getting very down at times and that is not me but some of the meds make me feel that way but I cant leave them off because of the rotten pain.
My appointment with the Metabolic Bone Consultant was cancelled because Iam classed as high risk due to the amount of times I have been taken in the hospital with chest infections within the past year but the Consultant phoned me and from what he has seen from my hospital records and talking to me he has said that he would like me to have a bone infusion which certainly WONT be taking place while this virus is rife and it could be well into next year.I could be pushing up the daisies by then so I just told him that he can put me forward for it but anything can happen between now and then.

It has kept me going with looking back into boxes and various cases and finding documents and photos from the past. Its fascinating looking at old bills dating back to 1920s of my f-i-ls buses and finding wedding and death certificates from years ago plus old newspaper cuttings. Keep well and safe everyone.
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Wed May 13, 2020 7:03 pm

It is good to see you Maisie, and understandable your back injury keeps you from sitting for long at the computer. I have been going through boxes of documents etc too. When I last did some rummaging, I found that David had kept every single payslip since before National Service in the fifties, when he was one of the last called-up before the end of National Service. He had to take early retirement at 60 but the 16 years of pension slips were there too. So it was a total of 60 years in three heavy boxes.
In my own smaller lot, along with all the certificates including my parents' birth certs 1918 and 1916, is the receipt from my father's funeral in 1951. It was for £17.
Take care Maisie.
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Wed May 13, 2020 9:20 pm

Hi Vannin,
Thanks for getting back to me. I have just called in the computer room to shut it down for the night and thought I would answer you while I am here.
Yes it really is something to get carried away with when reading old documents. I will have to start sorting things out so that i know whether my family wants to keep anything. At the moment I have been passing on a lot of my treen to my family for a keepsake and now it is any documents.
My teaset that my brother bought for me 90 years ago now sits in my d-i-ls cabinet and she wants my Swarovski crystal ornaments that are already packed into boxes for her to take. By doing it this way it will not only be a memento but will be looked after too for any future generations.
Take care and keep safe. x x x
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Mon May 25, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi, have you all hibernated for the Bank Holiday Monday?

When things were normal, whatever normal is, this Whit Monday would see the roads choked up with the lemmings headed for the coast. The right weather for it. But we are not Dominic Cummings, so we are at home. Hoardes were on beaches last weekend though, notably Southend. Social Distancing? One lady in a group said 'It doesn't mean us'!

I would have had the family here, sitting in the garden. The last time I saw daughter and grandson together was February half-term. Daughter came without grandson on March 18th. I think Christmas was last time I saw s-i-l ! :sunglasses:
My bus never runs on weekends and Bank Hols, and is only mornings when it does run. Not sure where I would go anyway!
vannin

Postby dita » Mon May 25, 2020 2:25 pm

Hi Ya! I'm still around, :) nowhere to go, no family around, nearest is in Lancs they would be here more often if it wasn't for the lockdown. Thank goodness my nearby neighbours shout and wave as they are out with their dogs, otherwise I would not see or speak to anyone. In 4 days Hubby will have been gone for a year, I count blessings in a way because I couldn't have accepted that I couldn't have been by his side as he died. All in all I really don't mind being on my own, I chat to Dolly and I laugh at my own jokes. Hugs from Dolly and me xx :grouphug: :bighugs:
I had to edit because I accidently wrote an S instead of a C in a 4 letter word above. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
dita

Postby Penny » Mon May 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Sorry, been missing but you will see by my other post that I was rather busy Still searching for the mistake but no luck as yet.

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon May 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Dita, it is similar here.
Trixie is certainly staying close by, and has one of her beds close to this desk where I have the laptop. Afternoons like this, the garden is too hot for her, even under shady shrubs. But when I go out to water the garden - in about an hours time -she follows me around. If a neighbour is near enough to call out but not infringe Soc Dist, she is curious enough to sit beside me while I call back to the person, as if to emphasise she IS the guardian. Similarly when I am speaking on the phone, she arrives on my lap to silently join in. Me and my shadow! But our chats are a bit one-sided, and anyone listening through the window would think 'Poor old soul, talking to herself again'!

We are both silently dreading the allergy onset in a few weeks, but I have found a remarkable 'BUT' to her longterm habit of never taking treatments, by neck application, without a struggle. Certainly I could never shove anything down her throat. But..... Omega 3 capsules 'for healthy skin and coat'. if I pierce the capsule and add the oil to her wet food, she seems to love the taste and ignores the other dish without oil!! This is quite rewarding and I hope it continues though eventually the steroid jabs by the vet will be needed.
Hugs to you and Dolly from us two.xx :grouphug:
vannin

Postby maggieh » Mon May 25, 2020 7:37 pm

Late one for me.My family came over this afternoon with deckchairs and colouring books.So we all sat downstairs near the washing lines.There was only us sitting there it was so lovely to have company.They left at 4.30.Was hard not to hug Logan,but we had laugh.
Next time they come over we are going to have fish/chips.

Hope you have all had a nice day.I talk to myself at home,no pets not even a goldfish. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue May 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Penny did you mean the mistake I said I'd made and had to edit. I wrote 'shat' instead of 'chat' that's all, thought Poodog may notice ?? , also shows I should not see a joke in such things :)
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes