Lovely surprise

Except Personal Attacks

Lovely surprise

Postby Penny » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:07 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny here. Had a lovely surprise this morning. Our finch has been messing about in the nest for a couple of weeks, today we looked in and she has laid 9 eggs. Could not believe it. Last year she had eight and they all survived and still visit us for nuts. Have a good day all. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Re: Lovely surprise

Postby Maywalk » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:07 pm

Nice to see that you are still around Penny and is there any chance of getting photos of your finch?

Its been a lovely day here too and I only wish I could get outside in the garden or at the gate just to get some fresh air in my lungs but I have to have help getting up and down the step and even if I had a ramp I would not make it on my own now without someone helping me.
Not moaning just stating facts.
I hope everyone is bearing up during this stressful time.
I have lived through many traumatic years but NEVER anything like this. We just carried on with life during the Asian Flu pandemic without all this and with having no technology like they have now we knew nothing about other countries who were going through the same thing. It was a case of "Ignorance is bliss" during 1957 when all that happened and folks just carried on with their lives. I dread to think what will happen when everyone starts mingling again because their immune systems will not be the same to my way of thinking.
Its a good job I can have Facetime with my family or otherwise I would go nuts.
Keep safe everyone. x
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:18 pm

Great to hear from you Maisie, spent the afternoon watching mother look after her eggs, Said we will have to get another box at this rate. Such a lovely day, like you wish I could get out. Would love to have a day shopping. Been lucky so far, daughter, as a carer has been able to collect stuff from Sainsbury's for me. Has to leave the goods in the porch . Have not seen son and family for about a month. Wonder how long this is going to last. Anyway, take care and do keep in touch. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:37 pm

Do you not have Facetime Penny? Its really good for talking and seeing the family and we make it at a certain time each evening so that I can see my great grandson before he winds down ready for bed.
I do have my neighbour call in to bring me a few bits and bobs, if she didn't I would be in a right mess because many things I cant do now for myself and my family live about 10 miles away. My son will be here tomorrow with groceries which he puts on my trolley at the door but he does not come in.
This isolation business is beginning to get many folk down now especially if they are disabled and unable to do things for themselves.
I cant knit now like I used to because of my fingers going into spasms and dropping everything so doing any arts and crafts including jig saws are no good to keep me occupied and each day is a challenge.
I have another good neighbour next door who comes round on Sunday afternoons if the weather is good and she brings her foldup chair to put on the driveway to have a chat to me while I sit in the doorway.
I just hope to goodness it will all soon be over so that I can enjoy my get together with everyone before its too late.
Take care and God Bless. x
Maywalk

Postby laurie53 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:58 pm

Nice story Penny.

Used to have a hedge full of finches, even bramblings some winters.

Now I can't remember the last time I saw even a chaffinch. At least ten years.
laurie53

Postby Penny » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:35 pm

Never heard of Facetime Maisie. My son provided me with a lap top and then this little sort of phone. I can talk into it and see the other person. Trouble is me, being non technical, by the time I have switch it on they have gone. Always an idiot with technical stuff. At least I make it now and then. Like you, I will be over the moon when we at last get beck to normal. Sorry no chance of a picture. The birds are in a small box on the wall with a camera to one side connected to the Television, so we can watch the goings on from our seats indoors. Have lots here Laurie, must have a word and get them to visit you. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:44 pm

Maywalk wrote:Nice to see that you are still around Penny and is there any chance of getting photos of your finch?

Its been a lovely day here too and I only wish I could get outside in the garden or at the gate just to get some fresh air in my lungs but I have to have help getting up and down the step and even if I had a ramp I would not make it on my own now without someone helping me.
Not moaning just stating facts.
I hope everyone is bearing up during this stressful time.
I have lived through many traumatic years but NEVER anything like this. We just carried on with life during the Asian Flu pandemic without all this and with having no technology like they have now we knew nothing about other countries who were going through the same thing. It was a case of "Ignorance is bliss" during 1957 when all that happened and folks just carried on with their lives. I dread to think what will happen when everyone starts mingling again because their immune systems will not be the same to my way of thinking.
Its a good job I can have Facetime with my family or otherwise I would go nuts.
Keep safe everyone. x

Hi Maisie, it is good to have your post and know how you are. Maybe you could sit by wide-open windows and doors to get that fresh air?
How well I remember 1957 with Asian flu! I was at my boarding school near Sevenoaks and the whole school of 200 girls went down with it, the dormitories becoming wards. I don't recall anyone being hospitalised and my own flu was not severe. Nobody's parents came, and the nursing and meals on trays were all done by staff at first, both the religious order who resided there, and secular teachers who lived out (I guess they would be front-line people now). When they started to catch the virus themselves, they managed to look after each other, and as each of us recovered, we could at least help the kitchen and bring the meals upstairs and do some washing-up on rota. Lessons had to wait but we could do something akin to the homeschooling, by relying on textbooks and prefects. (I was only a dormitory monitor)
Maybe with the general outlook that had been brainwashed and regimented into us, we sort-of enjoyed that term as being a complete break and a change from anything in the past. I think the situation we have here and now, is so surreal and such a worldwide disaster, I can't imagine how the coming years will pan out.
Stay safe Maisie.
vannin

Postby Poohdog » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:29 am

Nice to see you Maisie....Knew it would take more than a pandemic to zap you you old bat :cheeky4:

And Penny...I know of no British finches that nest in a box and lay so many eggs....Tits yes,but finches usually lay clutches of 4/5....Tits on the other hand I have known to lay up to 12/14 However whatever the species I hope they bring you pleasure watching them.

And Maisie....it's just a coincidence that my post including you has the word 'Tits' in it. :rolleye11:

Poohdog

Postby Penny » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:53 am

Stupid me, blue tits is correct of course, thank you Poohdog....... Laurie, I made an error, we do not see finches these days. Think I must be going round the bend. Keep going Maisie and keep in touch. Great to hear from you too Poohdog. Take care all, cheers Penny,
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:30 pm

It is nice that you can watch the birds on your tv,Penny.More interesting than the tv progs lately.
Don't worry about the mix up of birds,it happens to most of us. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby Maywalk » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi Folks.
Glad someone remembers that Asian Flu pandemic Vannin. We knew nothing of what was going on in the outside world but we got through and it helped to make us immune but its thrown at us 24 hours a day now which is not really good for many especially anyone who is really nervous and depressed.

It nice to see everyone and if I know more folk are going to call in I will pop in myself more often especially to see Pooh. I have missed his loving words and flattery and I just hope that he reads this because I have to say that my tits are NOT blue they are now a wrinkled pink and more like ruddy udders. :roflmao: :roflmao:
By the way Pooh I bought this in expectations. I hope you like it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[img]
Toilet%20roll%20dress.jpg
[/img]
Attachments
Toilet roll dress.jpg
Toilet roll dress.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 2459 times
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:24 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:18 pm

I dont think I turned Pooh on Vannin with my sweet talk. :thinking:

Here am I browned off sitting in my toilet roll wedding gown and he has not even said he likes it. :huffin:

He has not got back to me and he may think I am rushing him a bit. :roflmao:
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:46 pm

I think the picture of toilet rolls is really lovely. I am sure Pooh=Dog will be fascinated. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:11 am

Hi Penny.
I hope all is well with you and all the others members come to that.
It looks a bit grey and overcast this morning and just hoping the sun comes out because even if I cant get outside at least its nice to see it shining.
Maywalk

Next

Return to Anything Goes