Lovely surprise

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Lovely surprise

Postby Penny » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:12 pm

I hope the weather improves for you Maisie, it is lovely and sunny here. Tit is busy rolling her eggs about in the nest. Blackbirds searching for food and rooks busy finishing of their nests.The pigeons are helping to ruin large bushes, in and out all day. Still got several jackdaws. Several little one, ie robins, sparrows etc. Cost me a fortune in loaves and sacks of birdseed,,, well worth it to me. Tell you one thing I find strange, Have never seen a baby pigeon, seems they don't leave the nest until they can fly. Often see broken eggs beneath the bush. must go and sort out lunch. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:50 pm

Like you Penny I spend a fortune on birdseed, nuts and anything else that they like, including cheap cornflakes. I never eat cornflakes myself but they make a change for my feathered friends.

Been looking for a nice bird feeder to go outside my front window that holds everything to feed and water them because I dont have lawn there now. I had it gravelled many years ago when hubby was no longer able to do it.

A few weeks ago I saw a heron on my neighbours roof and I just hoped that those with fishponds where I live was aware of him flying about so I put it on my local Facebook page. We have has seagulls as well diving down and we are no where near the sea. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:30 pm

I love the Herons. We usually pop down and sit alongside the canal. The Heron is a popular visitor there being locked up we have not seen one for a month or so. I do hope the weather has improved for you. Seems everyone is at home holding their breath. Just had fun looking at Bird Feeders on Daily Mail Bird Feeders. cheers Penny
:bighugs:
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Penny wrote:I love the Herons. We usually pop down and sit alongside the canal. The Heron is a popular visitor there being locked up we have not seen one for a month or so. I do hope the weather has improved for you. Seems everyone is at home holding their breath. Just had fun looking at Bird Feeders on Daily Mail Bird Feeders. cheers Penny
:bighugs:

But surely if you go to sit by the canal, it is not infringing the lockdown? Only if you were in a group and others joined you on the seat.
vannin

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:19 pm

Another kind of lovely surprise. Remember how in 2018 and 2019, all over the country, there were poppies springing up where they had never grown before? Mostly red ones, there were photos showing fields, gardens and grass verges bursting with poppies. Last year I had one yellow poppy at the front, Yesterday I looked out and there were eleven there in the same spot!
I read that the yellow or golden one means wealth and success, but all I want is for everyone to stay safe.
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Didn't you take a photo of them Vannin?
If they are still there take a photo to show us so that we can all have a bit of that good luck and wealth, but in my case I would prefer good health.
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:00 pm

I don't currently have anything to take them with.
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:21 pm

What a shame Vannin. I would have loved to have seen them.
I cant use my phone because it is to fumbly for me but I can use my I-pad.
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:18 pm

Such a shame vannin, never mind keep the picture in your mind.

Sorry but the entrance to the canal is locked up/lots of folk living on barges so we are not allowed contact

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:23 pm

Penny wrote:Such a shame vannin, never mind keep the picture in your mind.

Sorry but the entrance to the canal is locked up/lots of folk living on barges so we are not allowed contact

cheers Penny

Oh that is a shame Penny. It didn't enter my mind the canal people were the reason for no entry.
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:49 pm

What a nasty old day, very dark, pouring with rain and my poor birdies simply dripping the rain off their feathers. All their bread and nuts soaking wet before the bits hit the ground.Do hope this poor weather does not carry on for long. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Thu May 07, 2020 11:49 am

Morning all, just to say, looking in today we found the tits have hatched all nine eggs and all we could see was a mass of little bodies with big open beaks waiting for food. Wonderful sight. Hope everyone is well. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu May 07, 2020 12:21 pm

Bit late for me to say good morning,lol.So you have 9 little babies to watch now,Penny.That is lovely.Hope they get looked after by their parents.Nice juicy worms.
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Fri May 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Afternoon Penny,how are the babies doing.Hope they are keeping you amused today.Take care.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri May 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi Maggie, yes, lovely to watch these little things, so fragile but huge beaks. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather today. Had a super day, seeing all the family, outside of course. Our young gardener popped in for an hour ans was telling us where he lives they are having a street party, in their own front gardens, Pity we only have 2 neighbour's and all confined due to illness. Never mind, will give a big hug in the air to my little ones, cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes