Hi Everyone.

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby Lacemaker » Thu May 21, 2020 12:52 am

More familiar authors whose books I enjoy reading. Another favourite is Ngaio Marsh and her Inspector Alleyn series, I have lot of her books and the Alleyn TV series on DVD. I ordered a few DVDs last week and the first of them arrived yesterday - Tea With the Dames - Judy Dench, Maggie Smith, Joan Plowright and Eileen Atkins so I will enjoy watching that this morning.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby vannin » Thu May 21, 2020 10:46 am

Good morning everyone, bright and dry so far. But my local forecast mentioned showers around 8.30 a.m. and they never happened. Maybe a bit later?
I hope all of you are well and safe as well as 'alert'. I note that Boris emphasised us being alert, then disappeared for ten days (again). It made me wonder if baby Wilf was OK and/or Carrie needed his support. But probably they are fine.
Enjoy the day, stay positive.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Thu May 21, 2020 4:53 pm

Good afternoon,has been lovely weather here today,light blue sky,hardly any movement from the trees.Think its warmer outside than indoors.
My shopping delivery is early tomorrow 6 to 8 am.Only one they had.So up early tomorrow,who wants a shout with coffee. :mrgreen:

Had a lovely card in the post today,with a picture of me and Logan on it.Just to say hello,I miss you.That brought tears to my eyes.

Have a lovely evening everyone and take care.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Thu May 21, 2020 8:26 pm

maggieh wrote:Good afternoon,has been lovely weather here today,light blue sky,hardly any movement from the trees.Think its warmer outside than indoors.
My shopping delivery is early tomorrow 6 to 8 am.Only one they had.So up early tomorrow,who wants a shout with coffee. :mrgreen:

Had a lovely card in the post today,with a picture of me and Logan on it.Just to say hello,I miss you.That brought tears to my eyes.

Have a lovely evening everyone and take care.

That certainly is an early start Maggie.
I know how such a lovely card can make you melt into tears. Our little boys are so thoughtful! :lilangel:
vannin

Postby marieann » Sat May 23, 2020 8:56 am

Good morning. It's a strange day. Rain, strong wind and sunshine all together.

Did you enjoy 'Tea with the Dames' Lacemaker? I love Judi Dench but haven't really seen much of the others.
marieann

Postby Lacemaker » Sat May 23, 2020 9:27 am

I did enjoy the Dames, marieann. I had a good laugh when one of them described how a slap on the face, which was supposed to just miss her, actually connected. She said it was the only time she saw stars at the National Theatre ! I think I need to watch it again several times to really take in all the humour of these marvellous women.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby vannin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:31 am

Good morning everyone, I am a bit earlier today. I hope we are all fine and especially that Laurie's area is a bit cooler for his comfort.
My slot for today's Ocado delivery is supposed to be 12.30 to 1.30, but times are flexible now, like a week ago when the 11.30 - 12.30 came at 10 a.m!
But a message they just sent me says 'Sorry, we will be running late today', so maybe well into the afternoon.
No problem, I wasn't planning to go anywhere. :trink:
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:49 am

Good Morning Vannin and all the other members.
Its a lovely morning here and I only wish I could get out into the garden to enjoy it.
Nothing exciting happening here which is the norm just of late and I can only say that its a good job I get funnies sent to me from worldwide because it helps to break the monotony as well as giving me a belly laugh.
Enjoy the weather folks and hoping that this day will be the beginning of the end of this lockdown.
Something is happening because my great grandson has started back at playschool this morning and my granddaughter has been called back to work.
Keep well everyone.
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:13 am

Morning all, sounds like a bit of good news Maisie. Weather really lovely here, pity we cant get out to enjoy it. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Good afternoon everyone.What another lovely sunny day we have here.

Logan hasn't gone back to school today.He will be going in September when he starts a new school.Tomorrow before they come to me,they are going to a beach for a few hours.They are going to bring fish/chips back with them,so we can sit outside to eat them.I am just hoping the seagulls don't do a fly pass over our food and whip something away. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Early morning get up for me on Thursday morning.I have brought a separate freezer save me shopping everyweek.The freezer/fridge is too small.So Currys are delivering it between 7am to 7pm.

Us who are shielding can go out today.My outings will be down to the rubbish bins or outside in my new chair when it arrives. :mrgreen:

All have a jolly afternoon and stay safe.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:57 pm

Penny wrote:Morning all, sounds like a bit of good news Maisie. Weather really lovely here, pity we cant get out to enjoy it. Take care all. cheers Penny

Penny, we ARE allowed out today, even shielders. Maggie says so in her post just below yours.
Just follow the daily instructions that are broadcast!! :roll:
vannin

Postby vannin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:16 pm

My delivery came at exactly noon, so I don;t now what was going on!
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:20 pm

Sorry vannin, am so browned off with all the talk and TV I never listen and I have no idea what this bit about going out with rules or such. Any chance of putting it in plain English. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:04 am

Penny wrote:Sorry vannin, am so browned off with all the talk and TV I never listen and I have no idea what this bit about going out with rules or such. Any chance of putting it in plain English. cheers Penny

Penny, I have given this its own thread after taking it from an official Covid update. I hope it is plain enough English!

Nice morning. I am off on another one-hour outing soon. My new bus pass came through with speed!
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:27 pm

My one-hour outing today was less interesting than the two previous ones, because there was no novelty any more!! :huffin: The town was nearly empty like the first time I went. The most popular bus driver is on General Duties now, and some were furloughed.
Wising everyone a good day and the rest of June.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes