Hi Everyone.

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby maggieh » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:08 pm

Good afternoon.I am waiting for a new chair to be delivered,but I have a feeling it is not going to arrive.I keep tracking it and it says its waiting for the sender to send it to them.It is coming with a courier.Same thing happened to me a fortnight ago and I was refunded.

Logan and family are coming at 5ish with dinner of fish/chips.So I have a long wait for them as well.

Glad you got to use your new bus pass Vannin.Although not many people out.There is no way I will be venturing out yet.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone.Keep safe.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:17 pm

maggieh wrote:Good afternoon.I am waiting for a new chair to be delivered,but I have a feeling it is not going to arrive.I keep tracking it and it says its waiting for the sender to send it to them.It is coming with a courier.Same thing happened to me a fortnight ago and I was refunded.

Logan and family are coming at 5ish with dinner of fish/chips.So I have a long wait for them as well.

Glad you got to use your new bus pass Vannin.Although not many people out.There is no way I will be venturing out yet.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone.Keep safe.

I hope the chair delivery is soon sorted out Maggie.
You must be looking forward with excitement to seeing your visitors. I hope you have a lovely time together.
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:05 pm

Has your chair come yet Maggie?
Is it a recliner? If it has come is it comfortable?
I love my recliner and prefer it to my bed because I can get out of it better if I want to go to the loo.
I used to have a bed that could be raised at the top but I didn't like it .
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:13 am

Good morning everyone. Quite dull here, cooler and the strong wind is back again. More rain expected tomorrow.
I hope you all feel well and are looking forward to better times.

Unfortunately the massive protest gatherings we are seeing, are reminding us that the herd instinct will stop the infection rate going down. It is good if racism is much reduced but there must be other ways to help support the ethnic minorities. I clearly remember the race riots in the 60s, they went on for ages, and Martin Luther King spoke out so powerfully then was assassinated by a white person.

As for all cops being vilified, yes, police brutality has often been seen before, more in the USA than here although there have been UK deaths in custody. As a whole, I tend to think all our emergency services are wonderful, we cannot generalise about the police force, as there are bad apples in every crop.
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:51 am

I agree with you Vannin.
Whats the point of telling folks about how to help NOT get this virus if everyone is conglomerating into crowds to protest at poice brutality and racism. Some of those demonstrating could very well be carriers or catch it themselves. :?
I am sure there are better ways of lodging their protests.
The mind boggles.
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:48 pm

It is a goodnight everyone, instead of early-in-the-day. I have been a bit low because I am fed up with having something which perhaps 'naice people' don't discuss. Since early in the year, and 15 years since I was last coping with it. Namely I.B.S......which is one of the topics my daughter refuses to know about!
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:03 am

No idea what i is vannin but I am sorry if it makes you miserable. Fingers crossed for the future for you.

Just discovered, You have my sympathy, Take care

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:12 pm

Penny wrote:No idea what i is vannin but I am sorry if it makes you miserable. Fingers crossed for the future for you.

Just discovered, You have my sympathy, Take care

cheers Penny

Penny, it stands for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I am optimistic because I have been out to buy a 'remedy'.
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:35 pm

Fingers crossed, I will wish for you. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:51 pm

Dear Vannin I know about IBS I have been suffering with it on and off for a few years now, didn't help when I had my gallbladder removed several years ago either, and that wasn't the reason I have IBS, but maybe doesn't help either.
What you said about the world situation is very much how I feel too. all this has started with the Virus but it is leading us into a much more cultural situation now making us look closely at ourselves and try to discover who we really are. I miss my husband so much and so wish I could listen to what he has to say, he wouldn't be very happy to know that I have not been out anywhere since he went, apart from the Solicitors, Bank with my son, also Hubbies funeral.
Take Care of yourself Vannin and Trixie, also everyone else, Hugs from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:04 pm

dita wrote:Dear Vannin I know about IBS I have been suffering with it on and off for a few years now, didn't help when I had my gallbladder removed several years ago either, and that wasn't the reason I have IBS, but maybe doesn't help either.
What you said about the world situation is very much how I feel too. all this has started with the Virus but it is leading us into a much more cultural situation now making us look closely at ourselves and try to discover who we really are. I miss my husband so much and so wish I could listen to what he has to say, he wouldn't be very happy to know that I have not been out anywhere since he went, apart from the Solicitors, Bank with my son, also Hubbies funeral.
Take Care of yourself Vannin and Trixie, also everyone else, Hugs from Dolly and me xxx

Dita, I am quite shocked at the length of time you have been unable to go out - much longer than the lockdown. What about times when you need to see the doctor? If you are stuck for transport, is there someone you could contact ? Do you have a pendant alarm as I have? I may never use it though, and I hardly ever remember to wear it. I have always had a mental picture of your friendly little village where any car-owners would want to give you lifts. Like me, you would probably hate asking and would suffer in silence instead, but I had lovely surprises since lockdown began, by offers from new sources. That was why I said many weeks ago that this Covid may be bringing out the best in human nature. Hugs to you and Dolly from Trixie and me xx
Last edited by vannin on Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:14 pm

I can understand what you say that it seems a long time to be staying at home Vannin but my reasons are simple really, June 21st was the date of the funeral, I was still in shock because his death was not what I expected when it did, he had just been in hospital and very little was disclosed to me at the time, he was a very private man and told very little to me because he knew I would worry, don't forget I was his carer from the 1980's and his Mental Illness sometimes cause him to be in hospital and he was no stranger at attempts to end his life, the last attempt challenged his health to such an extent that it never really recovered. I have wonderful neighbours near by who would and have helped me, they still do but as you say I only ask when I have no other options. As for the months since the funeral I have had to sort out the business side of life which involved my son coming back and forth from Kent where he has his own obligations, that part concluded I needed time to mourn and realise just what I had lost, so Christmas came and went the GP came twice at my sons request because he was worried about me----as it happens rightly so, I am on more medication now and of course we are all suffering the lock down which really doesn't bother me as I can try and get well. Lots of Love To yourself and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:16 pm

Dita, I understand, and as you are using this time to get well, that is of most importance, much more than coming and going for the sake of being outside for a bit. Although the sun and air aid recovery too.

My husband was a very private man too and often failed to tell me all he had been told at the hospital because I would have worried. He was also kindness itself and asked my mother to live with us soon after we married. (Not because I would have suggested it because I knew her instability would not be healed and we were no longer close) But she thought the world of him and they always 'got on' together so she was with us for the first eight years of marriage and our two children's births and early years.

Before her moving-in, at age 48, she had been in countless residential jobs since my father's death from TB in 1951. She sank into a deep melancholy which is why she shunted me off to boarding school that year for nine years - four different convents in Ireland and here, all my holidays spent with her parents on their Irish farm (my Paradise) So I hardly ever saw her when growing up.

Anyway she succeeded in her last overdose suicide attempt in 1973, age 56, when she had mourned him for 22 years. My OH found her, not here but in a council flat she had recently acquired after many years on the waiting list. We had two small children to shield and his experience on that day was probably the first damaging effect on his heart. So though I had not been her carer as such, we were all fragile.
Two or three members of Seniority, when there were threads about our earlier lives, had the gist of it.

I would not go into such history except to show how I knew about mental illness in close family. When people say we must move on and then there are more deaths, moving-on may take forever but we TRY! I think of you every day and am fully with you as you strive to get well. Lots of love to you and Dolly from Trixie and me xx. I am about to launch into a much shorter post about a minor breakthrough with Trixe.
Last edited by vannin on Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:37 pm

I might have mentioned sometimes how Trixie, after being with me ten years, still shows typical traits of a Rescue' and how she was disciplined there in her kittenhood.
For instance, she never scratches at doors, to be let out or through, but just sits there silently waiting. Same as when hungry, she doesn't ask to be fed but just sits silently at her bowls till I come.
Another thing is the way she had vet phobia for years which led me to believe she had an early vet experience that frightened her, followed by rough handling by a locum once when I took her to our vet.
Also the 'towel-on-the-head' experience. Our truly gentle senior vet Julia, in 2017, decided it would help to put a towel over Trixie's head to keep her still and enable the injection for her allergy.
Unfortunately it terrified her, and from then until this month, any time she saw me pick up a towel, she fled to a hiding-place, whereas before 2017, if coming home wet she wanted to be towelled dry. This month, after each time out in the rain, she has been happy again to be towelled dry. So this is the breakthrough!!
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:18 pm

Hi Vannin. We do seem to have led similar sort of life in some ways. Dolly like Trixie had a rather turbulent time when small. She was bred by a lady who was a keen breeder of Papillons, she had connection in Wales with another breeder and arranged with the lady that they would do business together. The lady from Wales took Dolly and her sister Lucy from the breeder here in this area and she intended to breed from them but this didn't finish well the Wales lady she was'nt at all happy with Dolly and Lucy because they were too small for what she intended and they were not treated well. The lady who bred them finished up bringing them back to their birth home and that was where I came in, I had lost my Papillon Sophie to cancer and I was wanting another little friend for company. I registered Dolly and my vet got in touch with the vet in Wales to find out her history.------She had hypoglycemia/ Hyperglycemia not sure which spelling but she was on a drip for a while .She also had an ulcerated eye, it is still noticeable, also she had adult teeth through under her baby teeth which we had removed.
Luckily I have quite a large garden which I have always had pleasure in, trouble is I am finding it hard now to keep it in order as regards pruning, hedgecutting, weeding and the like my health not so good. Love to Trixie and yourself from Dolly and me xxx :grouphug: :bighugs: Meant to say Dollys little sister Lucy died.
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes