Hi Everyone.

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby vannin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:36 pm

Poor little Dolly with the history of health problems. Dita, I know it was your TLC and her brave little self, that brought her through safely.
When the RSPCA lady responded to my original enquiry about 'the beautiful tabby in the local paper' - Trixie at 14 months old - and then the officer came to the house, she gave me the info she had, which did not include whether Trixie first came from a family home or found wandering in a miserable state, but the fact was she was pregnant. Some ratbag tomcat had raped her when she was not many months old. The fosterers were very loving towards her and she delivered five healthy kittens, I reckon around the late January, mothered them beautifully at first then appeared to lose interest.

At that stage, having been made comfortable and looked-after in the house, she had to learn to be in a pen outside with an added shelter in all the pens. She has never liked other cats very much and went off food for a while. When I went to pick her up on 1st April 2010, she was thin and crying so much. Her flank had the evidence of recent spaying where the fur was only starting to grow back. She was so thrilled to come home and started eating well. The officer was due to come to us in two weeks to take Trixie to the original vet for booster vaccination, which I think was not a happy event, as I later heard Trix 'disgraced herself'. What startled me was, when she was put in the RSPCA car boot (not good) I saw on the front passenger seat, a cage carrier holding five adorable tabby kittens all looking at me, being taken for their vacc too. Put two and two together, I guess my happy cat feared she was being returned.
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:48 pm

That beautiful little Trixie of yours has certainly been through the mill Vannin, what a miracle when you came along and rescued her. All the suffering endured by animals like Trixie and Dolly when they are young means they are still left with certain signs of their cruel past even though that past cruelty is gone. I do so hope her five babies found good homes too. We had Dolly spayed straight after we got her as advised by the vet.
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:03 pm

Yes Dita, I often think of the five tiny ones. They certainly looked very healthy, the image of Trixie and how I wish I could have scooped them up. But no other pet could live here with their mum.

Pets' memories are quite remarkable and sometimes they recognise someone after years apart. On Facebook we sometimes see reunions where a young cat had disappeared then returned at a great age maybe 18 - 20, to their old home. Plus they are able to find the way to a previous home when the family has moved, even great distances. Perhaps those whiskers are a homing antennae!
I wish you and Dolly a happy week with better health. I spoke to Charlie on the phone an hour or so ago and he is a happy soul! Love from Trixie and me.xx :trink:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:13 pm

What you say about animal instincts is marvellous and true Vannin, us humans could learn much from them, nice to hear that Charley brings a smile or two to you. Think I need a cuppa now :trink:
Cheers mi Dears from Dolly and me xxx :bighugs:
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:35 pm

Do hope everyone is enjoying this lovely day. I take it that all are out and about. Do hope you are feeling better Maisie, now take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:52 am

Good morning. It seems we are in for another mini heatwave. The breeze is only slight here but there may be changes.
vannin

Postby vannin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Good afternoon all. What a horrible day, following a rotten night.
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Same here Vannin, a big change to your post on the 15th. Hope yourself and little Trixie are keeping snug today. Dolly and me are xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi Dita and everyone, staying in today, out tomorrow to choose frames for new reading glasses. It all took a long time on Tuesday without staying for the dispensing part too, as there was a skeleton staff (three) very busy. In normal times, there are about eight staff members assisting two optometrists and running the shop!

I need to rush back because my 'bubble' will be at home. Very short notice, daughter has day off, also Charlie a half-day as there is somewhere he must be in the afternoon. So it will be a brief time, for hugs and catchup. Today it is three calendar months since daughter was here, but Charlie longer ago than that.

Madam is fast asleep on a beanbag beside the office chair, getting over a soaking last night.Love from us two :bighugs:
vannin

Postby vannin » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:02 am

Hi Dita and all, I have put the details of yesterday on the Dita thread. It was a lovely time and they were able to stay from 12.30 till 3.00. As the Summer holidays will start in four weeks, there will be more get-togethers, all being well.
Dita, I hope you rested after your garden labours. I have been surprised at how tired I am after mere trips into town - a 20-minute bus ride, and after coming home I don't feel like doing much. Yesterday was different of course. As for the weather, the evening turned really cold for June, after all the mugginess.
Love from me and Trixie to Dolly and you, and all still to come.
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:34 am

Hi Vannin, I am so pleased you had a really enjoyable meet up, and I can imagine how optimistic you will be feeling about the holidays.
The blooming grass looks like it needs cutting again already------dreading it and feel myself gasping by just thinking about it. :( As you mentioned the humidity really doesn't help when prone to chest probs. May have to get the strimmer out to sort out the long edges before I mow again. Big Hugs to You and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxxx :grouphug:
Wish I could train Dolly to help???? :hide:
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:31 pm

Hi Dita, it would certainly be great if you got Dolly to help. She would make it into The Seven Wonderdogs of the World!
Re my pendant. When my daughter chose Hermes the courier to do a next-day-delivery, which she has used before, there was a breakdown of their scanner, which is vital to know the contents of a package, so it was to be fixed sometime today and then be on its way! So I shall be in tomorrow and staying hopeful.
Hugs from me and Trixie to you and Dolly.xxx :bighugs: Love to all :grouphug:
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:56 am

Good morning all. Hot hot hot!

I give up :groaner:
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:17 pm

Good luck with your pendant, have been thinking about one myself??
You are right about the heat I am sweating cobs-------is that right??? :)
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Each time I pay a quarterly rental of £46 for alarm/pendant and think how much I forget to wear it, and even when I do, I don't need to press it - I know that's good not bad. None of my falls ever happened at home. Only outside in public (embarrassing) places! :oops: But I suppose I made the right move 'because there is always a first time!'

I have heard 'sweating cobs' before and thought it might be from Australia. You know, some Australian expressions are quite descriptive. Like 'I feel crook' preferable to 'grotty' :fing:
I started fretting about Trixie apparently spending more of last night out than usual. Being independent with the catflap, she usually comes in from her evening gallivanting at around midnight, and like all parents, I have one ear cocked while asleep and the new catflap has quite a loud bleep. Last night, unaware of any bleep. There is food and water for her and she usually sleeps till about 5 a.m on a beanbag upstairs. Then she is off out again.
I woke at 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. today, looked around up and downstairs, called a few times. Went back to bed worrying. because one year, she disappeared in hot weather, stayed away three days and two nights,then strolled back nonchalantly and I had been in touch with all the relevant phone numbers and put her pic on lamp posts. Had visions of fast drivers getting her.
Long story short. Today at 8 a.m. I looked in the one place I had overlooked - the well of the desk beside the beanbag, she was fast asleep. It must have been cooler there. Thank goodness! Love from herself and me to you and Dolly. xx :bighugs:
Last edited by vannin on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes