Hi Everyone.

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby dita » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:22 pm

I am so pleased to see you on here Andere, :bighugs: I do hope you are feeling easier now. Very interesting news from Ciderman, and so so funny :roflmao: :roflmao: I must digest all the history too which came with it. My Uncle who was Blacksmith at Marton lived opposite the Church on the High Street. I still think of that day we met up Lacey, and also Kevin too. Ha Ha that Captain Cook got around somewhat! did he not? Going to pop back up the thread and learn a little History now, before I hunt out my family tree. Hugs from Dolly and me xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi everyone. I am a bit late today. Much cooler and a bit damp, best for the garden. Lacey you are right, it was 2005; don't know where I got the nineties from!

Andere, It is so good to see you posting, we have been wondering how you were. :bighugs: I hope we will see more of you when you feel up to it, you have had a period of darkness to struggle through. Love from me and Trixie for whom I am still the willing slave!

Dita and Lacey (are you still making lace?) Was it Captain Cook who stopped off to explore Tahiti or rather the exotic native girls? Or am I mixing him up with the artist Gauguin? Hugs also to you two.

I wonder if Laurie is all right, as it quite a while since he posted. Being highly sensitive to hot or even warm weather, he must have suffered in the past week.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:53 am

Morning all, any news from Maisie please, hope she is feeling o.k., Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:44 am

Good morning everyone. What a cold grey day, glad I don't have to go out till tomorrow to collect new reading glasses. Monday is grocery delivery day also the gardener fortnightly. I hope we may have contact from Maisie and Laurie soon, to know how they are. Hugs to all especially Dita and Dolly from me and Trixie. :grouphug:
Last edited by vannin on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 pm

Today's news update June 30th
In addition to Leicester, the areas with cases on the rise include:

Barking and Dagenham
Brent
Derbyshire
Doncaster
Ealing
Enfield
Gateshead
Gloucestershire
Hammersmith and Fulham
Haringey
Harrow
Havering
Hounslow
Isle of Wight
Kensington and Chelsea
Medway
Milton Keynes
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Redbridge
Redcar and Cleveland
Richmond upon Thames
Sandwell
Slough
Suffolk
Sunderland
Tower Hamlets
Wakefield
Walsall
Wandsworth
Westminster
Wigan
Wiltshire
Windsor and Maidenhead
York
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi everyone, Ooooh! Vannin that is a bit scarey, the whole country will be as bad as before very soon.
The weather is matching the atmosphere above. You should have got your new glasses by now, please keep well and out of the viruses clutches, Hugs from Dolly and me to mi mate Vannin and Trixie xxx :grouphug: :grouphug:
Hi Maisie Can see you on here :bighugs:
dita

Postby Maywalk » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi Dita.
We could do with some bloody good belly laughs on here to take our minds off the rotten virus because it is taking over everyone's life.
I will have to go and sort some cartoons out, if I can remember how to put them on here.
Cheers All. :grouphug:
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:24 am

Good morning all. It looks like a nice day out there and could get hot. No plans for today and weekend.
Is anyone expecting imminent special occasions? I am still savouring the pleasure of seeing my grandson in late June after four months without. I hear his 'pod,' who returned to school part-time for the short duration, are putting on a 'pod production' of Romeo and Juliet and he is Romeo. I hope it will be video'd and posted.
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:48 am

Good Morning Vannin.
Nothing exciting going off here.
Weather brightening up so that will help.
Are you on Facetime?
I ask this because I see my g/grandson everynight on Facetime and my granddaughter. Plus my son and d-i-l.
Its a super way of keeping in touch.
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:50 am

Hi Maisie , I don't have Facetime but have Skype. They set me up with it before Mothers Day and then my birthday soon after, when it was great to see them. But the connection plays up a bit sometimes.
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:00 pm

Mine has been set up on my I-pads Vannin so there is not SO much interference.
I think its a wonderful way of keeping in touch with the family and it has been a boon during this lock down.
Maywalk

Postby dita » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:15 pm

Apart from WhatsApp which my son put on for me I have none of the video ones you mentioned, my fault I know but if things went wrong I would be snookered, I am not very good with technology. We have a miserable cloudy drizzly day here with a blustery wind. Your lovely Grandson, oh! Vannin and he is Romeo, how great, you must be proud :) Hugs to you all from Dolly and me------also Trixie xx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:37 pm

dita wrote:Apart from WhatsApp which my son put on for me I have none of the video ones you mentioned, my fault I know but if things went wrong I would be snookered, I am not very good with technology. We have a miserable cloudy drizzly day here with a blustery wind. Your lovely Grandson, oh! Vannin and he is Romeo, how great, you must be proud :) Hugs to you all from Dolly and me------also Trixie xx

Dita and Maisie, you are both in advance of me! I don't have WhatsApp, or Zoom which my friends said I should have, so we could have group chats during lockdown. As for I-pads, well, I still use an ordinary mobile, far from modern.
This afternoon has been eventful, in the similar way to the bus pass event, the security alarm event and the garden tap event. (When I described it to my California cousin I said 'the yard faucet' so she would understand) Today I found a leak under the bathroom handbasin, my kind plumber came quickly after I rang. It is not very serious, just a connection behind the pedestal needs replacing. He will be back soon.
I usually have such a boring life, without even domestic glitches to share with you!
Trixie is now starting to show signs of (allergy) distress, so it won't be long till a visit to the vet for steroid injection. For now, love from both of us to Dita, Dolly and everyone.
P.S. About my Romeo grandson, not detracting from him being best for the part, perhaps the fact he is tallest in the school makes him suitable! When younger, he was Joseph in nativity plays,in school and church.
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:24 pm

Hi Vannin, WhatsApp is the only one I have because I was presented with my D.I.L's old mobile phone and my son put it in to help me communicate with them after my husband died. I still do not know how to operate it properly, I certainly would have no idea how to control any of the social places they use now, an I-pad is something I have only heard of, in fact I am useless. I have days like you as regards -happenings Vannin and sometimes it confuses me as I sort the problems out, other days can be just the opposite---boring :) .I do hope little Trixie does not suffer that awful problem for long, its so sad for her each year. Hugs to you both from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:14 pm

I am about to post on Thoughts and Prayers for the very sad bereavement suffered by Elaine Morris, listed on our member sheet as 'e' who joined the day after me.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes