Hi Everyone.

Except Personal Attacks

Hi Everyone.

Postby Maywalk » Sun May 03, 2020 9:22 am

I hope you are all keeping as well as can be expected and at the moment the sun is doing is best to break through over the Midlands in UK but not having much success.
IF the weather is nice this afternoon my young neighbour wil be round to sit on her fold up chair on my drive while I sit behind my trolley at the front door to have a chat to me. She is a key worker so I dont see much of her during the week and I think its lovely of her to even think about visiting me at a safe distance to have a chat.

Later in the afternoon my niece will be Facetiming me from Mablethorpe to have a chat to break the monotony and to have a laugh then around 6-45pm I have a short time with my own family on Facetime. It helps to take the loneliness off for me because they can be long days now due to the fact that I cant do much any more including my knitting because of my ruddy fingers seizing up. NO not looking for pity just explaining why I feel SO useless.
Anyway I hope that everyone has a good day and will join in with everyday chat.

Keep safe and well everyone x x x
Maywalk

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby vannin » Sun May 03, 2020 1:03 pm

Hi Maisie, you were up earlier than me. I should have responded to this first, before all the other posts. It is nice to have your neighbour bringing the interaction you describe, and I have a nice couple across the road, who frequently enquire how I am managing. During the Thursday eve clap-ins, they come from their front door to the pavement and I do the same. We chat across our road which is narrow but over-used by traffic at normal times - eerily empty these days but maybe not for long.After the clapping we continue chat.

I am hoping to be skyped this evening by Charlie, now 11. As has been said, it is great contact, but can't hug!
It was lovely to see your words Hi Everyone and I hope you too are having a good day. As for hoping they will join in with everyday chat, we continue hoping! We would NEVER think you were looking for pity.... especially as you are the one trying hard to chivvy us along by example. God Bless.
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Sun May 03, 2020 6:09 pm

Thanks for calling in Vannin and I was hoping more members would pop in.
I will pop back in the morning to see if anyone calls later this evening and if they dont I gather that no one is interested any more.
A great pity if this happens, but I live in hopes.
Keep well anyone who decides to call in and read this posting.

Stay Safe.
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Sun May 03, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi Maisie, did pop in and wished good morning all. Do hope this bad weather does not make your back worse. Take care and get a good nights sleep. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Sun May 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Hi Penny,
Just popping in to close down for the night and saw your reply. I hope all is well with you.

Did your hip heal ok? I know you fractured it and just wondered if you had had any problems with it.

I will be getting a phone call tomorrow from the Metabolic Bone Consultant because I should be going to see him tomorrow but been told I am high risk and to stay home and he will phone me.
I said to the person who phoned "If it would be better he could Facetime me to ask me any questions because I could not for the life of me see how he could assess anyone over the phone!!!!!!"
She said that unfortunately they were NOT equipped to do Facetime with any patients who could do it. :roll: :roll: :roll:
It will be interesting to see what he can tell me or do for me come to that at my ruddy age.

Keep Safe. x x x
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Sun May 03, 2020 9:21 pm

What we have to put up with these days//// My second hip healed o.k. but left me a very poor walker. So I lean on a walking stick. Wish I had paid for the second op, I know the first cost a lot but comparing the two the first was well worth it. No good moaning now, lots more worse off than me. Had to laugh at your phone call. Surely he doesn't have to see your face to ask a question. Never mind, we oldies keep going whatever. Take care now and get a good nights sleep. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun May 03, 2020 11:01 pm

Back in 2011, at the top of the Suggestions page, there is one thread about making changes and it ran to quite lengthy.
The subject was; "Put your suggestions and ideas for improving the forum here."
Obviously it was monitored and contains posts by Oddie, being the person who runs the forum, and her words were reiterated by a large number of familiar names who are not on the forum now. But the consensus agreed with Oddie that the forum was still running as Eve would wish.
We are much fewer now and it seems we need an increase of headcount most of all and then a good choice of a few topics including a Good Morning one.
If those changes happened, then talk of 'improving the forum' would not arise, but of course we can't magic new members.
As VM and others said on the original Suggestion post, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
vannin

Postby Lacemaker » Mon May 04, 2020 3:04 am

I remember that thread, Vannin. I can’t believe it was so long ago ! Time flies with some things.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby Maywalk » Mon May 04, 2020 8:01 am

The trouble is that its NOT fixed and folks just seem disinterested now in the different sections.
Everyone usually makes for this one, IF they call in that is.
Ah well I tried.
Best wishes to all and keep well.
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Mon May 04, 2020 8:49 am

Good morning Maisie and Lacemaker and others still to call in. I think the sun is coming out and it looks a nice bright morning. After these few weeks of not seeing Jane (gardener) it feels like an eventful morning, opening the side doors to the back garden! Of course we will be distancing. The lawns are full of daisies. The bluebells have had their best and the clematis is at its best.

Been wondering about the twins who haven't posted for a while.
Wishing everyone a good day.
vannin

Postby dita » Mon May 04, 2020 12:09 pm

I remember that thread too, there is still a few of us around. Maisie we have all had our absent times due to illness, bereavements and other reasons ----even you? but one or two of us have managed to keep it running even if only a little, sorry but I don't know what you mean by ----YOU TRIED??? In our way we have all tried. Love Dolly & me xxxx
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Mon May 04, 2020 10:50 pm

Totally unrelated but........firewood stocks ready!...
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Tue May 05, 2020 9:54 am

I hope your winter weather is approaching gently so far, But you are well prepared. Beautifully stacked logs!
Last edited by vannin on Tue May 05, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue May 05, 2020 9:59 am

Good morning everyone! With the windy spell we have been expecting (again), I might not go for a walk just yet. I have booked my hospital transport for Thursday to have my six-weekly eye injection for Wet Macular Degeneration. The hospitals are keeping their Eye Depts open for this. It will be my seventeenth injection into the eye and they need to continue indefinitely to save my sight.
vannin

Postby dita » Tue May 05, 2020 1:37 pm

Your eye illness treatment is really a worthwhile one to save your sight Vannin, but quite intensive too. xx Will you ever be able to manage without the injections?
dita

Next

Return to Anything Goes