Hi Everyone.

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby dita » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:46 pm

Apparently the fraudsters are having a whale of a time because of the world having lock downs etc. Please be careful folk, even if you think you have a reliable and full proof security system it does not mean you are safe from these clever rats?? Take care from Dolly and me xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:02 pm

Its the phone scams too that we have to be on the ball for.There is one going around for the NHS virus kit.Asking for payment details.So stay on your toes. :roll:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Maggie, did you get the easel finished? I am hoping it is ready for you to launch into creating as you did before and lose yourself in art during the weekend!
I don't know where the days go sometimes. I am not doing much of anything but a bit of hoovering and de-cluttering. I always try to watch The Bill on Freeview 20, 12 - 1 p.m. I was always keen on The Bill and missed it when it stopped. Then I watch Neighbours at 1.45 and nothing else till Downton at 7p.m. on ITV3. After that the evenings don't offer much good TV at the moment! Reading a few books instead.

Yet the licence fee will start being charged again shortly, so the petitions I signed never made any progress.
Hugs to all especially to Dita and Dolly from me and Trixie. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Your art is a lovely occupation to get carried away with Maggieh, my husband was a good artist too, I used to get quite envious but loved to watch him creating something out of his head. Vannin. My sister-in-law is into Taggart in a big way, she seems to have been watching an episode every night for years, and loves it??? Have at the moment got The 39 Steps on BBC2, it is even older than me, Have a good weekend folks, Big hugs to all especially Vannin and Trixie, from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:36 am

Hi everyone. It is very warm today, maybe we are due the next heatwave. I must look up the local forecast. The Sundays in the past four months have been quite difficult to get used to, because my singing was a Sunday fixture for the past 53 years. Now, although I have tried a bit of vocal exercise sometimes, the voice has had enough and comes out husky. Most of our choir members are getting on in years, some older than me!
But singing is not going to be allowed for a long time yet as it is considered a worse spreader of the virus than breathing on anyone and it ranks with coughing and sneezing!! :lala: On Facebook etc, there is a bit of 'S.O.S.- Save our Singing' before choirs are obsolete. :sad:
Hugs from Trixie and me to Dita and Dolly and everyone who pops in.
Last edited by vannin on Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Good afternoon everyone, as you say Vannin it is warmer today, and the sun is shining hiding a few naughty clouds trying to intrude. Although Vannin despite the fact of the evidence provided by the powers that be about singing and the dangers of spreading the virus , there is lots of temptation to let rip at the television, because of Choirs Singing For Britain and the like. Its interesting to watch too. Think its time I had a game of Footy. Vannin, Trixie? are you coming ?? Lotta hugs while we wait --- from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:21 am

Hi and Good morning everyone. It is very warm, not what the local forecast foretold.
I think it is not football weather for Trixie and me! Nor for Dita and Dolly if weather is the same there.
I was up and about till 3.40 a.m because the blessed beast senses that it might be vet-time soon, so hides for much of the 24 hours, either in or out. I thought I looked everywhere indoors so waited for her to come in, had the usual fears and and spent some intervals calling her name. Then finally when she appeared, there was no sound from the catflap so she had been hiding indoors all the time.

I mean really, is it likely I would be catching her during the night to be taken to the vet? :huffin: :roll:
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:25 pm

Sorry, :) I know I probably shouldn't but that was funny------no flies on Trixie. I have a crafty little monster here too, I decided yesterday to fulfill my obligation to her needs, got myself geared up and kept telling her to bring the ball. Although wanting to go out and continuing to be excited she would not bring the ball, of course as usual I was just thinking that she was demanding me to pick it up for her. In the end I picked her up and took her in the garden without her beloved ball and we spent the time just messing around, me doing nothing and Dolly just hunting around and sniffing quite happily, after a while we went back in the house and she immediately went and picked up the ball wagging her tail. I suddenly realised, she didn't want to dive about fetching the ball but still wanted to run around the garden, maybe because she was feeling off her usual energetic self, after all she will soon be 13yrs and in dog years about the same as me. We do not give our pets enough credit sometimes for their actions, it must be hard for them to make us read their lips. xx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:17 pm

Dita said "We do not give our pets enough credit sometimes for their actions, it must be hard for them to make us read their lips." xx
Oh how I agree! Sometimes I am fixed with 'the look'. I am being told I should have remembered something for Madame's comfort. Or she stands outside the guest bedroom door which is kept shut when without guests (most of the year) looks up at me then at that door several times if I am too slow on the uptake. It means 'I really fancy a nap on that bed in there for a change'!! She is quite intuitive of me and flounces if I am about to say 'No' about something. Stalks off with the wiggle-bum that makes me smile!! :roll: :lol:
vannin

Postby vannin » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:20 am

Hi Dita, Dolly and everyone, still rather cool today.
I know I am starting to post as though the thread was a pet fans column, which must become rather boring for our pet-free friends.
But I didn't mention the downside of this week, centred on Trixie, as her sudden behaviour change became a problem on Tuesday night. At 10 p.m. she came belting indoors in a state of 'spooked' after her usual adventures in the woods. I believe something happened to leave her scared witless though she slept that night and last night, both times getting up again at 6 - 6.30 and going off out, not bothering with breakfast . She never returned till yesterday afternoon, still in quite a state, hungry, tired and ready for a deep sleep.. Today she has stayed out too, so far. She is acting quite scared of me and ran to hide when the plumber-neighbour visited. 'Timid' is not normal with her and I am going gingerly.
But the lovely part is: both mornings, she has come to my bed and cuddled, as though to say a loving goodbye. I realise she is aware of 'vet being imminent' but I have never seen her spooked by a nocturnal mystery.
There, I have shared it now as I can't concentrate on much else. Hugs to Dita, Dolly and all, from me (?Trixie when she turns up)
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:48 pm

Seems both dogs and cats have similar sort of brains regarding their intuitions, the funny thing with Dolly at the moment is---- she recognises certain theme tunes of programmes which I watch regularly, an example is! Casualty------or later after the BBC1, 10pm news, my routine of getting up and preparing for bed. As soon as the going off music indicates the end of the bulletin she wakes and trots into the kitchen knowing that I am going to put her out for her last wee of the day, she then pops into her bed and patiently waits for her nightly treat. Obviously Trixie has an anxiety which seems to trigger off when a visit to the vets is imminent, makes you wonder if it possible for her to obsorb your own anxieties and thoughts as that time approaches? It is a fascinating subject??
Big Hugs to you Vannin and Trixie From Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi Dita, yes she always seems to know if I am anxious, and it is true I always dread this time of year as she does.
The good news is, she is much more herself today. The hiding place she found today was easier for me to discover and was indoors. Sleeping on a dining chair, under the table with tablecloth low enough to hide her. But I have not 'let on' I know, because then she would find somewhere that I wouldn't find her again.
I have been phoning the vet number and not getting an answer, so not made appointment yet. They had sent a card, same as their website message, saying open for business but times will fluctuate! I'll keep trying and hope for it to be Tuesday 21st, afternoon.My friend will be free to take us.

It has turned warm again now, sunshine just right. I see little one has returned from brief outing and wants a cuddle! Love to you two from us two!xx
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:20 pm

Hi All.
I hope everyone is keeping well and I feel a bit more human now that I have had my hair cut and permed. I have it done at home by my hairdresser and I could have hugged her when it was all done. Surprising what we take for granted and miss SO much in cases like this. I just need the podiatrist now.
Well not much to tell and if anyone can reccommend a good butt cushion I would much appreciate it. I cant lie on my sides with having broken both hips over the years and a bone in my verterbra at Xmas so it means having to lie on my back all the time and my duff is SO sore. I keep putting Sudocrem on it but its right on the coccyx and its certainly giving me gyp.I had a ring cushion at one time but found it useless so looking for something that can support the back as well as having leeway for my tailbone.
Keep well everyone. God Bless
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:17 pm

Know just what you are going through. Hurt mine about 60 years ago and since then have had to sleep flat. I have a long plank of wood under the matress and an almost flat pillow. A handle under the matress which helps me to get in or out of bed. Hope you can sort out something to help you. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Lacemaker » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:03 am

Maisie, have you tried a massage cushion ? I had one in the car which plugged in to the cigarette lighter socket for use when I drove from Sydney to Brisbane and I found it great for keeping me me awake and comfortable. Some of them come with a back and are available for home use through the regular power points, too.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes