Hi Everyone.

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby dita » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:09 pm

Good afternoon everyone, Hi Vannin the last time I posted on here was the 6th of September, dont time go fast when you are having fun???? Hope yourself and Trixie are both well, love and hugs to you both from Dolly and me--------also A Happy Birthday Tomorrow to That gorgeous Grandson of Yours xxxxxx
dita

Re: Hi Everyone..

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 am

Thank you Dita. Nothing to add on the isolation front. I imagine the birthday boy is counting himself lucky to be unexpectedly at home not school. But a shame he can't have a couple of mates round for tea.

Weather mediocre again today. I had very good intentions to tackle heavier chores, like the garage! The reason why everything is parked there while there is an empty (and pristine) loft, is because I had the loft re-insulated six years ago and was instructed to put nothing there at all. The old insulation which was done in the seventies was just a few inches thick and the 'new' sort is about six times that! To flatten it with 'stuff' would be damaging. :roll:

So the weekend of possible idleness will have intervals of going for walks (another resolution, watch this space!) Stay safe Dita, I wish you and Dolly a good weekend. Trixie and and I send you both love and hugs
xxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:46 pm

Hi Vannin, I have been thinking about the birthday boy this morning, bless him, when you are that age special mates are important, as you said it is a pity he cannot enjoy his tea with them at least.
Years ago our loft was insulated to, and it really needs an update, trouble is my husband would sneak up there and deposit his stuff which was usually to do do with his hobbies, there is also some other things stored too. Oh! my goodness, I dare not think about it :( It is cloudy here but has remained dry up to now. Hugs and love to you and Trixie from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:57 pm

The birthday boy phoned me and he has had a great day! Trixie seems to guess when it is him on the phone, though every call makes her excited. Purring loudly in the receiver and with her front half standing right on my chest, headbutting, and busy paws kneading! Any other lap time she is quite sedate but still purrs and kneads and headbutts!!
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:11 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I am so pleased your Grandson had a happy day despite all the goings on with the Covid thingy, where my in laws live it has now more restrictions, they have been so loyal to me since Hubby died and are much more thoughtful than my own family. they have been coming to see me regularly but now they are now in total lockdown, I dread how long it will be. :dunno:
When my house phone rings Vannin, Dolly barks like mad and runs to the phone with the ball. Love and hugs to you both, from Dolly and me xx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 am

Good morning everyone. Dita, I like your in-laws!!
In-laws can be very kind and my son-in-law is from a large family - he is the youngest of seven. They thought the world of my David and after bereavement they included me in all their many get-togethers, in and around Watford (s-i-l's birthplace) These started to dwindle as their children grew up, Charlie is far younger than his cousins, and two of the sisters-in-law moved to Devon.

One of the bro-in-laws moved to Scotland and they all went to his 60th last year. (About 30 of them!) As I was not up to joining them, he surprised me with a lovely lengthy phone call which was greatly appreciated. Four years ago the other brother had his 60th which was shared with my s-i-l's 50th and the get-together was in the Green Room behind the National Theatre, London's South Bank.
I was still confident about the train to London and the tube network then, and walking all that area, but have not even attempted London for the past 18 months. That is why the grandson visits are so welcomed!
Happy week to all, stay safe, and get well wishes to Penny's OH. Dita, you might have a footie session today? Hugs and love to you and Dolly from Trixie and mexx :bighugs: :bighugs: :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Good afternoon everyone, I do hope you are managing a relaxing Sunday.
Vannin, thanks so much for your comments regarding in-laws, I really am so grateful to mine and it means much when someone else understands how it feels to be so fortunate for them. It has remained dry all day but now it is very cloudy------should I pretend I haven't noticed that? or---be a good thoughtful responsible person and obey Dolly's wishes and pick up the ball which keeps coming my way????
Guess you will know Vannin, Love and Hugs from Dolly and me xxxxx
dita

Previous

Return to Anything Goes