Hi Everyone.

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby dita » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:12 pm

I am sorry to hear about "E's sad news Vannin, I have just posted on Thoughts an Prayers too. Thanks for letting us know xxxxx Hugs to you and Trixie from me and Dolly xx
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:06 pm

Hello quite late in the day. The Get-up-and-go has been really missing today. It is windy and sunny now and Trixie is having a marathon sleep. I have done two wash loads but none of the small tasks I had left myself for today!
Tomorrow is Jane the gardener and at mid-day the Ocado delivery. Last Monday , Jane's husband who accompanies her, since he retired from being a Wood Engineer (never knew the term before but his wood knowledge and the way to care for 100s of different woods is extensive)last time he slipped on a damp slope while mowing and banged his head on the fence. So she took him to A&E and he was checked over and declared fine,without concussion. I was glad for his sake and also mine, because I might have been liable.
Oh and at 2 p.m. I expect the footcare lady who has just started back to work after the long self-isolating. It will be a day of action but not MY action!
Hugs to Dita and Dolly from Trixie and me, and hugs to whoever may drop in.
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Hi Vannin and all who pops in, sun just gave us a peep then the cloud came and scared it again, could do with your gardener my garden is almost out of control. Can imagine her husband and his knoweledge of trees will be an interesting conversation too. My grocery delivery is due on Wednesday Vannin, dont think we get Ocado in this area. Decided to bake a cake which means I will run out of butter maybe if I dont order more. Big Hugs to yourself and Trixie, from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby Maywalk » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:57 pm

Hello everyone.
Nothing much exciting happening here and just about to go and make myself a cup of coffee.
I cant seem to stomach tea just of late nor water which I have been boiling before I drink it because to me it seems to have a rotten taste to it even though filtered and then boiled. I must be getting old.
I hope everyone is keeping well.
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:27 pm

Pleaed you are OK Maisie, quite right about the water. OH keeps a jug by his bedside at night and whenI go to chuck what's left the jug is always marked. Makes me wonder, sopposed to be pure. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Good afternoon Maywalk, Dita, and everyone. My feet have been given a good tidy-up, and I can feel my motivation returning now my feet are renewed. It may be baloney, but I think there is truth lurking there. It is always good to chat with Miriam and apart from my daughter, she is the only lady to have been in the house since early March. She is one of AgeUK's professionals. So much quieter than the Oven Proud man!!

Maisie, it is 60 years since I drank tea, with the exception of when the ENT nurse forced some hot, sweet tea between my gritted teeth after I had my tonsillectomy, three weeks before the wedding! Boarding school slop put me off for ever. Dita, I would love some of your cake. Love from Trixie and me to you and Dolly and to everyone else. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:08 pm

Hi Dita and Vannin.
I used to love a cup of tea when made in the teapot with a sifter spoon to shake the dust out of the tea leaves before being brewed but since it has been put in bags it certainly does not taste the same. I dont have the strength now in my wrist to hold a teapot so I have to use the bags with my water dispenser.
As Dita stated the water really is mucky and I sent for some Highland Spring Water on my order that came at the weekend and it may not be everyones taste but I found it a lot better to take my meds with it. Keep well everyone. x x
Maywalk

Postby dita » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:46 pm

Good to see some members posting, it is you who keep us who are shielding sane :) Envy you getting your feet given a revival Vannin, I hope to get mine done soon. A neighbour from over the road who came to bring me my tv mag, saw my cake and pinched some, would have shared it with you all . It seems to me that something they add to tea these days makes it look stronger, but it is good at staining the cup and is difficult to remove, puts me off tea for sure. Hugs to all, and Vannin + Trixie, from me and Dolly xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:48 am

Good morning everyone. It looks a pleasant day and I shall soon get ready to venture out for an hour. I have been forgetting to do moderate indoor exercise quite often and have done a bit of 'grazing' between meals, and regret it when going on the scales!! Probably many people are afraid to weigh themselves. :sad:
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:34 pm

Being out was OK, but once I was let in from queuing for the Bank, the admin girl took her time because after answering my simple question, she decided to tell me all about the bank's own house and contents insurance in case I needed a change. Well, it is not long since I changed mine from the provider whose premiums kept rising bigtime, and found C.I.S to be the lowest on GoCompare. No need to change again.

So I had to let my usual return bus go and then kill some time having a coffee - actually at a pavement
cafe, social distancing but had to remove mask for the first time in town. It was a novelty but I felt naked! Wishing everyone a good afternoon and evening. :banana:
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:51 pm

So missed your bus really because the ruddy bank trying to flog stuff to you, they never miss a trick to get dough, but interest keeps going down ??? Poor souls!!
Hugs Vannin and Trixie, from Dolly and her slave xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:01 pm

dita wrote:So missed your bus really because the ruddy bank trying to flog stuff to you, they never miss a trick to get dough, but interest keeps going down ??? Poor souls!!
Hugs Vannin and Trixie, from Dolly and her slave xxx

Too true! A far cry from bank practice when I left school and joined Lloyds Wembley as their junior! Hugs to you both from us both :bighugs:
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:41 am

Good-day to one and all. Hope you are all fit and well.
I have started off by having to spend more than an hour on my laptop, installing (and spending £29 on) Malware, purely so I could do a scan which is needed after some hiccups lately. When I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 a few months ago, there was a free period during which I could scan, but of course it stopped being free, so security action stopped.
Being entirely ignorant about 'installing' or anything else, it was too good to be true when the notification said Malware has now been activated......soon followed by something like 'It could not be completed because my licence number can't be found'. It changed its mind and scanned. Result is 'Nothing detected'. I can't believe that because there is still a red triangle icon saying 'Not secure'. Lying technology.......
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi Vannin, I don't know if I mentioned the fact that I was hacked last year, all sorts of horrible stuff and the bank got the police involved, luckily I didn't lose anything because of their help. I was very vulnerable at the time, please folk be careful, they are very clever and are having a field day at the moment. hugs xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:40 pm

Thank you Dita, for the warning. It must have been an anxious time, and coming on top of your existing anxiety. Yes I have heard warnings this week and my friend was hacked. This upgrading I stumbled through this afternoon has a note on the scan sheet, that it is due for another scan at 2 p.m.tomorrow. There may be no problem but it is easy to lose trust in all this set-up sometimes.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes