Hi Everyone.

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby Penny » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:24 am

I bought one years ago to use at home. Having to sit upright when wearing it really didn't help much. Still, worth a try if you are mobile. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:30 pm

I cant have one of them Lacey because over the years since I have Osteoporosis my bones are SO porous now the least jerk in the wrong direction could break them. That is why the Metabolic Bone Consultant wants me to have a bone infusion.
The cushion sounds brilliant though.
I have lost SO much weight and height within the past 5 years it has made it very sore on the coccyx when I sit or lie down.I used to be a 27inch inside leg with my trousers but even the 25inch inside leg is now too long for me.
At the bloody rate I am going on I will finish up being a dwarf. :roll: :lol:

It is when I try to lie down Penny when it gets really sore. :groaner:
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:16 pm

Know the feeling Maisie, at present I have put a very soft pillow where I get in bed and manage to swivel a little to lie down. I do hope an infusion helps you, do hurry up and get chappie to arrange it. Take care. cheers Penny :please:
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:14 pm

I only wish I could hurry it up Penny but this virus has caused SO much havoc worldwide by the time they get round to give me one I could be pushing up the daisies.
I hope everyone is keeping as well as can be expected and just hoping and praying that this nightmare will soon end. Best wishes to all.
Last edited by Maywalk on Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:52 am

Sunny again. Gardener been and gone. Food delivery due. It's all happening but not the happenings we want, like meeting friends for coffee etc! Wishing a good week to all.
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi everyone. had visitors for the day Sunday, my Sis & Bro in-law came from Lancs for the day, first time anyone has been in the house since Christmas, it was quite something, not just for me but Dolly too, she was very excited. Take care all xx
dita

Postby Lacemaker » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:35 am

I have just got used to going out for lunch with friends again but now it looks as though the second wave is starting with tighter restrictions coming in. My eldest daughter and her family live in Victoria, north of Melbourne, and she and her family have started wearing their new masks. 4 year old Marcus looks very smart in his Hungry Caterpillar mask. :mrgreen:

5 year old Ollie, in Sydney, couldn’t care less, he is too busy climbing from the kitchen stool onto the kitchen bench, from there to the top of the frig. and then to the top of the wall cupboards much to our horror. :shock: They found him there the other day enjoying a piece of fruit and a drink !
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby dita » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:10 pm

My friend in Perth sent me a message and told me about the second waive is happening in your part of the country Lacey, I do hope yourself and family stay clear. Take Care xx
dita

Postby Lacemaker » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:35 pm

Thanks, dita, we are being very wary of the way things are going.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby vannin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:35 am

Good morning everyone on this Bank Holiday weekend.
Lacemaker, I hope you are keeping well and resuming your lunches out each week.
Also I hope the second wave restrictions have been eased, where you are. There is a steady repeat of locality lockdowns here, more in the north than the south.
The leading news now is regarding the return to schools and there have been conflicting sets of guidelines from above, while the ins and outs of the quarantining of UK-based returners from holidays abroad and the consequences of airlines going out of business, are also headlines because various countries are added each day or some are reprieved depending on whether their virus figures increase or decrease.

I thought this thread had disappeared from Anything Goes, looked for it sometimes and of course it is still here, so I blame my elderly eyesight! We need to keep a 'Hi everyone' title!

Dita, how are you feeling today? I am thinking of you this weekend and hoping you and Dolly will be outside happily playing football, because dry weather is forecast in most areas, though still cool-ish. Love to you both and any others who look in, from Trixie and me. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:31 pm

Hi everyone, like you I thought this thread was for the axe Vannin, anyway its still here thank goodness. Do hope Maisie is feeling better, its time she popped in to say Hello!
Dolly has no chance of me playing footie today, I see spots of rain on my window. Vannin, Trixie and everyone Love and Hugs from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:45 am

Hi everyone! The morning is sunny, the cat is basking in it, this side of the window!
I am so angry over Trump's latest garbage , calling the servicemen and women 'losers', disallowing wheelchairs from ceremonial occasions, saying people don't want to see amputees and more insults in the same vein. Five generations of his family have been draft dodgers! Veterans have served the country, yet when there was the anniversary tribute in Normandy, he would not go with the other leaders to the cemetery to pay respect. It is said the reason was because there was rain,and he was afraid his quiff would be disturbed. To be perfectly honest, I am surprised he hasn't been targetted. :tantrum2: :tantrum2: :rant:

Sorry for ranting but this hits close to home. In the U.S.A. in addition to 'the clan' on my side of the family, there is a larger one of my in-laws, whose head-of-the-family passed away three days ago age 96. He was based during WW2, at the USAF base which was a mile from where I now live. My husband's much older sister married him, settled in Utah and their union grew and family still spreading of course. She passed away some years ago.They made visits to England and we went there, so I knew them well, a lovely couple.
I just thank God he was unaware of Tump's words, but I feel for the grieving family having that to cope with as well as their loss.
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:57 pm

I can only totally agree with you about Trump Vannin, I have been to the USA and had contact with families from there for many years. I am also so shocked that he hasn't been a target for someone to get rid of him. He might have been a clever business man and an asset for building golf courses, but to be a leader of the USA-------well I have no words. A President NO WAY.??????
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:26 am

Good morning ladies and Laurie, Pooh and Ciderman, I hope Dita, Maisie and Pooh are having a better week.
Unsure what the weather will do today, but shall do my one-hop town trip and hope to be back in an hour as usual. Last week, Wed was my only outing.
Rules are cracking down again or will do on Monday, Six will be the limit again for gatherings, either indoors or out. Well, we started to fear a second wave with the increase of younger patients. Take care and stay safe. Hugs from Trixie and me to Dita and Dolly. :grouphug: :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby vannin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:14 am

Good morning everyone. Just giving this thread another airing. Hope everyone is OK. :grouphug:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes