Hi Everyone.

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby vannin » Tue May 05, 2020 2:13 pm

dita wrote:Your eye illness treatment is really a worthwhile one to save your sight Vannin, but quite intensive too. xx Will you ever be able to manage without the injections?

That is the big question among extensive research organisations - for everyone with this condition. The trials in stemcell research are taking tiny steps but unlikely for the availability to be in this lifetime :sad: So it is even less certain than the vaccine for Covid. Though blindness is not a killer, we want to avoid it. So these Pre-emptive injections continue indefinitely. :cry:
With the present goodness of the Macular Depts in Opthalmology, in staying open at most hospitals, the consideration is bracketing us with Dialysis patients and chemo patients and I find that both gratifying and humbling.
My last appointment on March 26th was dreaded because it was my only outing being close to people, but the staff had put every measure in place for safety. The hospital volunteer driving me there and back by car, -I also dreaded beforehand,- is well-trained and I relaxed in the back seat in my gloves (and scarf in place of mask) and relaxed. I'd had hosp transp in January too, before distancing etc, and hope to get either George or Bob this time. The trip is within 15 minutes. A friend used to take me,ever since commencing 18 months ago, but can't now of course.
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Tue May 05, 2020 2:38 pm

SO sorry to read about your eye problems Vannin. Are you due for another injection soon and is the hospital transport booked already.?
Let us hope this blasted virus soon fizzles out because its done enough damage to peoples lives worldwide and taken many lives. The only good thing about it is that it has helped folks pull together and brought forth the best in folk and reminds me very much of the war years.

Keep Safe. x
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Tue May 05, 2020 3:18 pm

Maywalk wrote:SO sorry to read about your eye problems Vannin. Are you due for another injection soon and is the hospital transport booked already.?
Let us hope this blasted virus soon fizzles out because its done enough damage to peoples lives worldwide and taken many lives. The only good thing about it is that it has helped folks pull together and brought forth the best in folk and reminds me very much of the war years.

Keep Safe. x

Hi Maisie, My injection is due this Thursday and transport has been booked and confirmed. The appointment is not till 2.30 but I must be ready for the car as from 12.30. I imagine you are familiar with arrangements like these. The January time, I was there in the waiting-room from before 1p.m. and had a book to read. But in the present conditions, they are giving priority to people who will be collected, which is very kind. The system with cars must be accommodating many more bookings than usual so I am happy with waiting a while both before and after.
I hope your phone appointment gives satisfaction - even without Facetime!!! Take care xx
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Tue May 05, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi Vannin. Well my friend it sounds as though you are being well looked after with the hospital transport. I am lucky that my son takes me if I have any appointments and the only thing that I get regarding transport to the hospital are ruddy ambulances. Usually called in by a doctor or by my son if I take ill.

Yes the telephone conversation lasted for well over 30 minutes and he wanted to know what lifestyle I had led since I was a child.
I had to laugh because he got quite concerned when he could hear my chest rattling over the phone as I was answering him because he wanted to know if I was OK and was I capable of carrying on.
Anyway it seems that I have to have blood tests done and he was booking me in for an appointment at the hospital for a bone infusion but it wont be just yet because I am considered very high risk due to the three chest infections that I have been rushed into hospital for over the past year.
Anything can happen between now and the appointment because with the world in a turmoil there is no telling what could happen next. We will wait and see.
The next appointment I have is with the Pacemaker Clinic in July, which is a must, so just keeping my fingers crossed that this rotten bug has had its bout out.

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you. x x
Maywalk

Postby maggieh » Tue May 05, 2020 5:15 pm

vannin wrote:
dita wrote:Your eye illness treatment is really a worthwhile one to save your sight Vannin, but quite intensive too. xx Will you ever be able to manage without the injections?

That is the big question among extensive research organisations - for everyone with this condition. The trials in stemcell research are taking tiny steps but unlikely for the availability to be in this lifetime :sad: So it is even less certain than the vaccine for Covid. Though blindness is not a killer, we want to avoid it. So these Pre-emptive injections continue indefinitely. :cry:
With the present goodness of the Macular Depts in Opthalmology, in staying open at most hospitals, the consideration is bracketing us with Dialysis patients and chemo patients and I find that both gratifying and humbling.
My last appointment on March 26th was dreaded because it was my only outing being close to people, but the staff had put every measure in place for safety. The hospital volunteer driving me there and back by car, -I also dreaded beforehand,- is well-trained and I relaxed in the back seat in my gloves (and scarf in place of mask) and relaxed. I'd had hosp transp in January too, before distancing etc, and hope to get either George or Bob this time. The trip is within 15 minutes. A friend used to take me,ever since commencing 18 months ago, but can't now of course.

Hope everything goes well for you Vannin.Enjoy the outing after being indoors. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Tue May 05, 2020 6:11 pm

Thank you Maggie. Yes, I quite enjoy the ride which is a rural short cut between High Wycombe and Amersham.
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue May 05, 2020 11:29 pm

Maywalk wrote:SO sorry to read about your eye problems Vannin. Are you due for another injection soon and is the hospital transport booked already.?

Keep Safe. x

Maisie, for a while I have thought how our reaction to this situation must be like the wartime spirit. Strange that I should have this sense of having experienced it, although was not born till 1942 and not in England till 1945. But having always been told about it by family, films,books, school history and indeed by the book you wrote, it feels like early memories. But then, people would have still pulled together afterwards, through the fifties in fact,. I remember the ration books very clearly, and seeing bomb sites in Lancashire then London. David was originally a Londoner and was evacuated aged eight. He was 'my senior' and would have been 88 this year.

Terrible times bring out the best in human nature.
Thank you for your good luck wishes for Thursday! Take care xx
vannin

Postby vannin » Thu May 07, 2020 9:45 am

Good morning everyone. It looks pleasant outdoors but my outing won't be today. Just had a call from Amersham Hospital, changing my appointment :tantrum2: It will now be 10.45 a.m. on Monday.
Maybe I have been lucky in the past, not having this happen. It is only for eyes, and I know hospital waiting lists are notorious for post-poning life-saving surgery, like when my David was messed about by Hammersmith Hospital three times before his second lot of bypass surgery. The third time, my daughter was here ready to take him. She got on the phone and said 'How dare you treat my father like this' and demanded to speak to the highest manager of 'Beds'. Postponements are usually due to lack of intensive care beds. Sure enough she got the right person and it was solved so he was the last person to have the bypass in mid-December (2003) before they were discharged in time for Christmas!!
So Monday will be my first morning appt in 18 months - always been afternoons. As the transport people tell you to be ready two hours before appointment time, that will be 8.45 ! I will now have the weekend to psyche myself up all over again. It could have been worse.
Last edited by vannin on Thu May 07, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Thu May 07, 2020 12:59 pm

So sorry your appointment was cancelled until Monday Vannin.I would be spitting feathers being let down on the day.Take care.
maggieh

Postby dita » Thu May 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Blooming heck Vannin, I was thinking about how you were getting on for ages this morning :( will do same on Monday though , so will Dolly xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu May 07, 2020 5:39 pm

Thankyiz' Maggie, Dita and Dolly. It will not get to me while there are so many people suffering, and is only a weekend away!
I have another book to start reading. Thought I had read all of Catherine Cookson's and watched the dramatised stories. But there is one book that still looks brand new, has been in my bookcase for ages unread, called The Desert Crop, don't think this one was ever a TV drama and is a bit different from all her other works. So between reading and sunshine, I shall be fine!
vannin

Postby vannin » Fri May 15, 2020 3:09 pm

Good afternoon everyone, where are you? :sunglasses:
I thought I was slipping, waiting till this time of day. The reason is that I chose today to do the 'proper' vacuuming all round, with all furniture pulled out. I suppose you good ladies do it every week, but I had a genuine excuse to leave it...... which is/are two weak wrists since their fractures. Well, the wrists stood up to it but the spine did not!!
It is only niggles of backache, and my desk chair is ergonomic and good for backs,(even now I've had it ten years) better than armchairs.

Maisie, I can recommend it - Boss-design - but as they are pricey, you might mention this when your son asks what you want for your birthday! https://www.bossdesign.com/product-list/delphi/

Greetings to all who will look in. Hoping everyone is feeling well today.
vannin

Postby dita » Fri May 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi Vannin and all, I popped in earlier and it was so quiet. Anyway, I like Catherine Cookson's books, I also have another favourite Valerie Wood, have you ever read any of her books I wonder ?
I have also had a vacuum session today, I am looking for a new very lightweight cleaner capable of dog hair removal, mine is a ton to pull about and severe arthritis in my hands is finding it very difficult.
I am getting told off by a very demanding little girl, its time for her exercise, even though she is 12yrs old she acts like a pup. Take care of yourselves, hugs from Dolly and me xx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri May 15, 2020 7:31 pm

dita wrote:Hi Vannin and all, I popped in earlier and it was so quiet. Anyway, I like Catherine Cookson's books, I also have another favourite Valerie Wood, have you ever read any of her books I wonder ?
I have also had a vacuum session today, I am looking for a new very lightweight cleaner capable of dog hair removal, mine is a ton to pull about and severe arthritis in my hands is finding it very difficult.
I am getting told off by a very demanding little girl, its time for her exercise, even though she is 12yrs old she acts like a pup. Take care of yourselves, hugs from Dolly and me xx

No Dita, I haven't heard of Valerie Wood, but will start looking.
I got a Vax upright, cordless and lightweight two years ago on a Black Friday so only £40. It is good but my weak wrists and twinges in hands still make heavy weather of taking it up and down stairs. I still use the Miele cylinder cleaner sometimes because, with it having a bag, it doesn't need emptying so often.
I have seen your profile pic of a Papillon on Facebook sometimes. Would that be Dolly or the dog you had before? I often meant to ask?
Hugs to all.xx
vannin

Postby Lacemaker » Sat May 16, 2020 4:03 am

Vannin and Dita, Have you read any of Ellis Peters or Elizabeth Peters books ? You may have watched the Brother Cadfael tv series with Derek Jacobi in the title role although I think the books give a much gentler and more amusing touch to his character. Elizabeth Peters series of books are about a very intrepid and determined lady archeologist and her beloved husband and son excavating ancient Egyptians sites and the adventures they get up to - talk about the Perils of Pauline. Very amusing and a delight to read ! There must be at least 20 or more books in the series about Amelia Peabody, her husband Radcliffe and their son Ramses. :mrgreen:
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes