Kids !

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Kids !

Postby Maywalk » Fri May 08, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi Dita and Dolly.
Good to know that you are keeping busy and I hope you can both get in here soon to join in the threads.
Keep well and safe.
Maywalk

Postby Maywalk » Fri May 08, 2020 10:43 pm

I will see what I have in my files Lacey because any poems that I write are all true tales put into rhyme.

This is one I wrote about my own granddaughter that happened around 2O plus years ago. I used to look after her when her Mum went back to work.

CHILDHOOD LOGIC

On a crisp and sunny February morning just a few years ago
My three year old granddaughter very much wanted to know
Why a big furry bumblebee was lying dead down on the ground?
Her curiosity was very intent on this insect that she had found.

We said that the sun had woken the bee because it was so bright
But the frost and ice had settled and had frozen the bee overnight.
She was most concerned that we take it and bury it in the earth
This was duly done by granddad while trying to contain his mirth,

I told her I would wrap her up warm and take her on the swings
This was to focus her mind off the bee on to pleasanter things.
Later while putting on her scarf because it was bitterly cold
She was chatting about the day and remembered what she was told,

She looked very thoughtful as I pulled her hat upon her head
And then she said, "Are all the other bees tucked up warm in bed?"
Because if the one that had died today had put on a coat and hat
It would be in bed with the others and not finish up like that."

I marvelled at her reasoning and how she had pondered all day
Over a poor frozen bumblebee that had finished up that way.
So if by chance you see a bee fly past dressed up in winter gear
Just remember this tale of mine and give a little cheer.

Copyright - Maisie Walker 2000 - All rights reserved
Maywalk

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat May 09, 2020 1:46 am

They were great Frolique, ( sorry everybody else, Maisie is a piece of my distant online past :-) )
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Maywalk » Sat May 09, 2020 8:40 am

Yes we go back a long way Michael and SO much has happened since we first met in cyberland.
I hope all is well with you because this blasted virus has played havoc worldwide and I am just keeping everything crossed that some genius will soon come forth with a cure. Keep Safe. x
Maywalk

Postby dita » Sat May 09, 2020 2:41 pm

I joined in 2005 too, so really not a newbie Maisie, and have posted most of those years too. Dolly unfortunately cannot write------she is a little Dog. xxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat May 09, 2020 3:07 pm

dita wrote:I joined in 2005 too, so really not a newbie Maisie, and have posted most of those years too. Dolly unfortunately cannot write------she is a little Dog. xxxx

Me too. 3rd May 2005 , Fourth on the members list. So, last week, this was another anniversary but in a very nice way. But I clearly remember Maisie being Frolic on Seniority for some years before that.
vannin

Postby dita » Sat May 09, 2020 5:45 pm

Yes she was Frolic to me too on Seniority as well, you are a couple of months ahead of me. Maisie was a real forum fanatic at that time, she was into all sorts, I have a couple of her books. xx
dita

Postby Lacemaker » Sun May 10, 2020 7:04 am

I joined the old IDF50 in the late 90s before going on to various forums including Hags Castle, Seniority, etc.

Hags Castle was named because one of the male members started saying we were a lot of old hags so we took the name as a badge of honor. While I am still a member of IDF50 Lifeboat (the latest version of IDF50) the only forum I post on now is this one and the Refreshment Tent - a far cry from the 7 plus I used to belong to.

The latest from Ollie, he was sitting at a table surrounded by girls at preschool when his mother went to pick him up. She asked him about the girls and he told her they were his girlfriends. What are their names, she asked him. I dunno, he said.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Postby vannin » Sun May 10, 2020 9:11 am

Lacemaker wrote:I joined the old IDF50 in the late 90s before going on to various forums including Hags Castle, Seniority, etc.

Hags Castle was named because one of the male members started saying we were a lot of old hags so we took the name as a badge of honor. While I am still a member of IDF50 Lifeboat (the latest version of IDF50) the only forum I post on now is this one and the Refreshment Tent - a far cry from the 7 plus I used to belong to.

The latest from Ollie, he was sitting at a table surrounded by girls at preschool when his mother went to pick him up. She asked him about the girls and he told her they were his girlfriends. What are their names, she asked him. I dunno, he said.

Good morning Hazel, I was on the old IDF for a couple of years but there was a bit of strife at the time, which spoiled any enjoyment!
I was on Roz's forum for a longer period, and also the Restaurant Tent....which is how I met you and Gina in London for the meal beneath the Big Yellow Bloomers!! :hide: I had no idea it was still going!
Seniority and Age Net were my original two but I left AN for quite a few years, then returned after 'Gran' and the other old lady had gone, then I left again when it started falling apart under new ownership by two or three useless brothers.

Currently I am on this one and The 50-plus Forum, which has every sort of topic but I mostly contribute only to the TV reviews thread.
Wasn't there a Village Pump at the same time as Hags Castle?
vannin

Postby Lacemaker » Mon May 11, 2020 5:47 pm

I do remember the Village Pump - I think it came before Hags Castle but Oddie had a few forums going over the years.
----------------------------------
Be Crafty
Lacemaker
Sewing Bee

Previous

Return to Anything Goes