Gobsmacked Again!

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Gobsmacked Again!

Postby laurie53 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:39 am

let the ponce they work for pay them while they cant supply their customers.

I specifically excluded those who work for pimps.

I'm surprised to see such blind prejudice in these quarters.

Mary Magdalene must be weeping.
laurie53

Postby vannin » Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 pm

M
laurie53 wrote:let the ponce they work for pay them while they cant supply their customers.

I specifically excluded those who work for pimps.

I'm surprised to see such blind prejudice in these quarters.

Mary Magdalene must be weeping.

Mary Magdalene did not work for a pimp, she was not a prostitute.
vannin

Postby Monika » Tue May 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Well, that will teach me to post anything on here again; I was not expecting such rancour.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that should be respected and, because others differ, does not entitle anyone to accuse them of intolerance. We tolerate lots of things which are at odds with our moral senses and are intolerant of those which we find unacceptable. If we tolerated everything, it would merely be tolerance to the point of stupidity.

As for accusing people of prejudice, it’s a word often used by people as a put-down which bears no relation to the truth. Grown-up opinion is mostly arrived at- not by prejudgement – but by careful examination of the various issues before deciding what you can accept in life and what you cannot.

I can believe that there are prostitutes with “a heart of gold” but also believe that they will be rarer than hen’s teeth. Personally, I don’t know any but I do know, from listening to unfortunate people who have to live in the houses they bought which subsequently were turned into red-light districts, that they despair of their teenage daughters having to run the gauntlet of kerb-crawlers, who turn their early, dark winter’s evenings into a nightmare. Drug dealers also turn up in great numbers and morally decent householders tell of their despair of finding used condoms discarded around their gardens.

I posted the thread because I could not believe what I was reading, could not believe that we were being asked to finance a way of life of which the vast majority disapprove.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby ciderman_nz » Tue May 19, 2020 9:22 pm

Throughout life most of us sell our skills, our time and our brains. I don't see much difference in selling your body. Professional sportsmen (and women) sell theirs.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby laurie53 » Wed May 20, 2020 7:34 am

In one, important, aspect prostitution is like abortion.

A woman's body is her own, and it is her right, and her's alone, to decide what she does with it.
laurie53

Postby vannin » Wed May 20, 2020 1:52 pm

Dangerous ground there.
laurie53 wrote:In one, important, aspect prostitution is like abortion.

A woman's body is her own, and it is her right, and her's alone, to decide what she does with it.

Very dangerous ground.
vannin

Previous

Return to Anything Goes