Disgusting behaviour.

Except Personal Attacks

Disgusting behaviour.

Postby Maywalk » Sat May 23, 2020 11:10 am

Hi Folks.
Just had my grocery delivery and talking to the chappie who brought it there were no substitutes.

While chatting to him he said he had just had a quick word when reloading the van with one of the other drivers who had been to a house this morning but unfortunately there had been a substitute put in for the vegan biscuits and the woman got so angry she threw them at the driver and hit him in the face with them and told him to she wanted her money back.

What a bloody moron she must be and I hope the driver puts in a complaint about her behaviour because he does not pack the goods he just delivers them. :roll:
Maywalk

Re: Disgusting behaviour.

Postby vannin » Sat May 23, 2020 11:31 am

That poor driver....and what a dreadful woman. I always make sure I express the appreciation I feel for the drivers who represent an appreciated company.
During these difficult times, I am surprised the substitutions are so few, and it is a very minor inconvenience. We have been warned by text and, when taking delivery, I just accept them with a smile. The packers and drivers have been working their socks off for us. I hope they send her a strong rebuke, pity they are probably too nice to ditch a customer.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat May 23, 2020 1:06 pm

I sincerely hope she does not find any delivery slots available in future, Horrid woman. Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat May 23, 2020 1:40 pm

What a awful lady,needs to calm her temper.Not the drivers fault,he just delivers the shopping. :roll:
maggieh

Postby dita » Sat May 23, 2020 3:11 pm

I know what I would like to with that woman, it is clear about excepting or rejecting substitutions when you order, occasionally I have received something I didn't order as I guess most of us have, especially at this time. I am so grateful that I can get a delivery, also I have been able to have a friendly chat because they are never ignorant and always respectful which makes me look forward to them and I smile as they arrive. Moron was the right word Maisie
dita

Postby vannin » Sat May 23, 2020 5:23 pm

I have only ever had two objectionable drivers, and each time I 'took my custom elsewhere'. I remember posting about them before. The first was with a Tesco driver about ten years ago, and he wanted to have a shouty argument about my address because he felt I belonged in the other road which is my corner location. I always give directions to any potential deliverers, and expect their worksheet or smartphone (in this day and age) to repeat these directions. It seems you can't always rely on Satnav.

I was not prepared to stand in my porch being harangued, so I shut him out and reported the incident and changed to Sainsburys, who were excellent for three years. Then a driver trod dog pooh (not Pooh Dog!) right through my hall into the kitchen. Must have been from the pavement. I know accidents happen but that was too much. I told Sainsbury who were, of course, abjectly sorry.

So then I went to Ocado and have had seven years first-rate service. No shouting match telling me I don't know my own address (after 52 years??!!) and no bringer of stinking excrement. :x :rant:
vannin

Postby laurie53 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:18 pm

Should have called the police. That's assault and retail staff are protected.

Had she not selected the "No Substitutes" option? All the on line grocery sites offer one
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 am

I have no idea Laurie.
I have had one or two substitutes that has been put in with my groceries over the past few weeks and if I did not fancy them I have passed them on to my carer who has passed them on to her growing lads so they get used up that way.
Maywalk

Postby Poohdog » Sun May 24, 2020 10:10 am

vannin wrote: Then a driver trod dog pooh (not Pooh Dog!) right

Poohdog

Postby laurie53 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 am

All the supermarkets offer the option of handing substitutes back to the driver for a full refund.
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Sun May 24, 2020 10:36 am

The driver told me yesterday Laurie that IF they had NOT been in the house they could return the goods but once they had been in the house that could not be the case.
He did not have time long enough to go into details because others were waiting for their deliveries.
Maywalk

Postby Maywalk » Sun May 24, 2020 10:44 am

Pooh if that gorgeous creature shown is what you have been cuddling up to in your absence I am not surprised that you have gone off me, but you might have warned me. :?
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Sun May 24, 2020 10:56 am

Poohdog wrote:
vannin wrote: Then a driver trod dog pooh (not Pooh Dog!) right
Poohdog - Very apt but on that occasion, such a nice happy and clean dog would have been preferable to the man!

vannin

Postby laurie53 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:02 pm

Maywalk wrote:The driver told me yesterday Laurie that IF they had NOT been in the house they could return the goods but once they had been in the house that could not be the case.
He did not have time long enough to go into details because others were waiting for their deliveries.

I always get an email, on the day, advising me of any substitutions and any short dated items and offering the option of returning them. In most cases these are packed separately and the driver tells me about them before he brings them in.

Things are obviously a bit different down south.
laurie53

Postby vannin » Mon May 25, 2020 10:57 am

Good morning all.
Talk about flexible deliveries!! Although it is not a problem when they are early these days, like 30 mins early last week.

Today the slot I had was 11.30 - 12.30.

He came at 10.00 :hi:

I had been up for two hours and was dressing. It's a good thing they don't have to come indoors! 90 minutes was unexpected. I'll dress earlier in future for delivery slots. :roll:
vannin

Next

Return to Anything Goes