Patience.

Except Personal Attacks

Patience.

Postby Maywalk » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:06 am

When talking to my granddaughter on Facetime last night the conversation got round to what we are doing during the lockdown and she said that she and her hubby had bought a Lego build.
It has 6,000 pieces to it and it is keeping them both occupied when the little one is in bed. NO COMMENTS PLEASE. :twisted:
Anyway she turned the camera round for me to see it and I must say I was more than impressed with it.

They still have quite a way to go to finish it and I asked her where it would go just in case the dogs or their little-un banged into it and she said it will be going on top of their unit which is well away from little hands and excitable dogs.

Is anyone else into this?
I know some like jigsaw puzzles and just wondered if they had ever tried Lego?
Maywalk

Re: Patience.

Postby vannin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:31 am

Yes Maisie, I have been witness to my 11 yr-old grandson's Lego development for a few years. Without it he would be lost. He now builds the models recommended for adults, and finishes very quickly. Very rarely he lets his Dad join in. Sometimes on school days he gets up at dawn to finish a build.

In the periods before Christmas, I ask daughter for his chosen Christmas present and she sends me the online link for it. When delivered, the boxes are that much bigger every time! The last one was huge - where to hide these presents? I had to clear a wardrobe for it. I think it was the Apollo Space Station, he took it home and finished it in three days!! Their flat must be choc-a-bloc. You gt-grandchild may catch-on!
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:43 pm

It will be interesting to see the outcome of what granddaughter and her hubby are building at the moment Vannin .

WELL DONE your grandson if that is what he is intent on doing.
At least he isn't out with a gang and making a pest of himself.
You must be very proud of him.
Maywalk

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:13 pm

Lego is one of the best kids (and adults!) toys ever to be invented! Grandson Jack at a library run build or modify as you see fit exhibition in 2016.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:56 pm

Maywalk wrote:It will be interesting to see the outcome of what granddaughter and her hubby are building at the moment Vannin .

WELL DONE your grandson if that is what he is intent on doing.
At least he isn't out with a gang and making a pest of himself.
You must be very proud of him.

In normal non-Covid times, he has so many activities, I don't know how he fits Lego in. What with scouts, drumming practice, swimming and violin lessons, he is also a Young Farmer! There is one of the City farms along their road and children can go to help care for the animals especially at weekends. Mucking-out animal quarters, taking ferrets for walks and bottle-feeding lambs and other 'chores', youngsters are in their element. My farmer Grandad would have been so proud!
It is really due to the boy's busy life that their visits are quite few, but I don't begrudge his pleasures! :clapper:
vannin

Postby vannin » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:49 am

P.S. The Young Farmers don't go unrewarded! The farm management regularly delivers crates of fresh-picked veg to the families!
vannin

Return to Anything Goes