Afternoon of Barges

Except Personal Attacks

Afternoon of Barges

Postby Penny » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:15 pm

What a lovely afternoon, Went down to the lake/canal just to see if anything was moving, Only saw rwo little black ducks and sat looking at the canal Such a surprise, There must have been about 20 tied up and then others started coming along from one lock along the canal to another. Must have been about 10 or 12 barges went along. Little ones on hire and big ones carrying equipment. Plus lots of cyclists and people out for a walk along the canal side. It made the visit well worth while today and we both felt better for the time out.Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Afternoon of Barges

Postby maggieh » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 pm

Glad you had a lovely afternoon out yesterday Penny.Gives you something different to look at.Blows the cobwebs away. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:25 pm

Lovely scenery and activity to watch in a restful interlude.
Yesterday my daughter posted on F/B a good video of an attractive part of Dockland (Surrey Docks)with vessels gliding by. They had lunch there at outdoor table of a restaurant with good distancing, in perfect weather. It was to celebrate my son-in-law's 54th birthday.
vannin

Postby vannin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:05 am

I bet they are feeling relieved they took the opportunity to eat out, because the new restrictions are re-closing restaurants that opened barely 5 minutes ago, or so it seems. Still, I can see the wisdom of it, sad for business owners.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:53 pm

Just spent the afternoon at the canal. So many boats today it was unbelievable. Some so large I wonder how they manage to steer. It kept clouding over so people were not staying to watch long. It was a very pleasant afternoon and I was so relieved to be able to get out. Dozens of cyclists and pedestrian along the canal path. Amazing today. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:37 pm

Another very pleasant afternoon watching the barges go along. I never realized they moved quite so much. Dozen of people with youngsters playing up and down. Quite busy for a week day. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:04 pm

It is lovely that you and hubby can get out to the canals,Penny.Passes a hour or two away seeing other people out enjoying themselves.
I have been going out for a walk most days just round the block.Not many people out and about though.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:29 pm

We had another couple of hours there on Sundat and it was amazing. We lost count of the number of barges on the move,also lots and lots of people walking, cycling and some on these fast skooters. Never seen it so busy before. As sun is bright and OH is ready we will pop down again for an hour or so. It is so good to get out. Have a good afternoon folk and take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:23 pm

Another lazy afternoon at the canal. Different today. very little movement except people riding alongside as before. Has anyone tried those little electric scooters. They do speed along. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:02 pm

Another hour at the canal side. Totally still today. Just a few on skooters and bicycles. The only movement on the canal was the Mother and father and seven young swans,. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:51 pm

Just been sitting by the canal for a couple of hours No swans today but a couple of Canada Geese and several little ducks. Several boats came along so it was quite busy today. Then along came a most beautiful black and white old type horse with a long full tail and legs with loose hair flopping round. THe owner had tied a colourful scarf round its ears. Really looked like part of a circus. Made a very pleasant afternoon. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:13 pm

Just back from sitting down by the canal Not much movement today so OH didn't want to stay long.So, here we are back home again. cheers Penny
Penny

Return to Anything Goes