What a night

Except Personal Attacks

What a night

Postby Penny » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:46 am

Noticed yesterday hubby dozed from am to pm in his favourite chair. Chose several TV programmes and was never awake to see one. Decided to go to the toilet at 9.15 and found it difficult to get there so said. I am going to bed. I went to see what was wrong and he was having such difficulty getting undressed. Anyway, I decided to have an early night with him and from then tilL 1 am he groaned and fidgeted so I called 999 for help.A doctor took the call and asked several questions ending with Not a stroke or seizure Will arrange a Drs visit within next two hours. So, I sat waiting until 6 a.m. when a phone call came from a doctor. No visit. Talked on the phone to hubby and explained he had acute arthritis and told him what to take. I ask you. Said he may change the tablets if no improvement. So another horrible day. Hubby said he will rise at lunch time and we can have breakfast together at mid-day. To finish off, my friend in USA sent a memo saying he has another week and then must have his final operation.

So, I have legs, feet, arms etc crossed for the rest of this month. Any suggestions folk. cheers Penny :please: :dunno:
Penny

Re: What a night

Postby laurie53 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:38 pm

With acute arthritis I feel for him.

I used to take ibuprofen until it gave me a heart attack.

See if he can tolerate aspirin. I take up to 12 a day to take the edge off mine.
laurie53

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:20 pm

laurie53 wrote:With acute arthritis I feel for him.

I used to take ibuprofen until it gave me a heart attack.

See if he can tolerate aspirin. I take up to 12 a day to take the edge off mine.

I can only take Paracetamol, as I am allergic to all Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs including Aspirin.
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:14 am

Thank you both so much. He is still not able to stand. Tried to get up during the night but could not make it. Dr. has phoned him several times and last night rang to say she is trying a new tablet which will be available from Wed. Have to find the chemist today to ask about delivery if not have to ring daughter to see if she can go and collect. Never mind, getting there eventually. Will let you know how he gets on. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:26 am

RVS, Red Cross or similar can help with deliveries.

Has she diagnosed rheumatoid or osteo arthritis? They are both painful but osteo can be slow.

I was first diagnosed in 1991 but was able to walk round the shops until about five years ago.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but start looking to the future, your should consider if your next car should have toom for a chair.
laurie53

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:47 am

Strane Laurie, after reading your post up vomes the mail man with a card about the Red Cross helping with medical delivery. Will wait and see now as daughter came and said ring the chemist and as soon as pills are ready She will go for them. Hubby tried again to get out of bed but still unable to stand up. Have to give the pills some time, Will keep in touch, thans so much to you both for caring. cheers Penny. :bighugs:
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:14 pm

All happened at same time. Soon as daughter left hubby was ringing chemist about delivery, then I looked out and there wwas a man at the door, turned out someone had sorted out the delivery problem. Have no idea who. Hubby said it is Reumatic type. keep you informed. cheers Penny. :bighugs:
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:28 pm

Don't know anything about rheumatoid except that it is painful!

Do keep us posted about how the pills work.
laurie53

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:33 pm

Will do Laurie. Regarding pills, had a note from the chemist, seems there is a countrywide shortage of these. Will ask which ones when he wakes up. Having a doze at present. cheers Penny :bighugs:
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:45 pm

Hi Laurie. Enapril is the name of the tablet of which there is said to be a shortage. Not sure about the spelling. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:52 am

Seems there are shortages and also delivery problems with pharmacies now. Boots branches had got appointments made through head office for flu jabs then ran out of vaccine and won't have new supplies till the end of October. I feel lucky my local pharmacist had a couple of spares and I was a recipient, more or less on the spot. Probably the shortages are a sign of times ahead when the Brexit grip takes hold. Penny, I hope your husband's health will soon respond to the treatment and he will feel better.
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:01 am

Thanks very much vannin. Daughter has just been and got the tablets etc from the chemist, she is trying to arrange a carer for him as he is over-using me. We were due for our flu-jab this p.m. but now unable to make it. Cleaning lady just arrived. Catch you later. cheers Penny
Penny

Return to Anything Goes