Another one of those days

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Another one of those days

Postby Penny » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:46 pm

Seems we oldies are the same. Just posted and clicked the wrong knob, lost the post so here we are again. My son bought me one of those hand phones and called me last night/ I could see his face and he was chatting away. Do you think I could reply???? So he rang on the ordinary phone to tick me off. Hope you get Maisie's PMs soon. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:42 pm

We must be doing something wrong Pooh.

Try clicking on my Cancer bow where my avatar is at the side of the post and see if you can contact me through that. It will bring a section up saying Private Message.
If that does not work why not go to my WW2 website and it will say on there on the left hand side E-MAIL ME.
That is the only way I can think of if we cant contact each other privately . :dunno:
Maywalk

Postby widget » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:31 pm

Don't want to poke in but at the bottom of every post I can see is a small icon with 2 'heads' and the word PM, if you click on that it goes to a page for you to writ your message to that person.
widget

Postby Maywalk » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:20 pm

Many thanks Widget.
Yes I have tried that but I seem to be doing something wrong because evidently Pooh is not getting my message and the same with him trying to contact me. Not quite sure where we are going wrong. :doh:
Maywalk

Postby Poohdog » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:44 pm

Maisie
Maggie and I have tried to sort this out all night.... when she goes on your page it says add friend....but when i get your page those words dont appear.
I can see the message i sent you but you cant see it??? If you try adding me as a friend from your end it might sort it cos I will click accept....then you should appear on my messenger list

IF THAT DONT WORK I'M PREPARING A PIGEON THAT CAN FIND SHEPSHED :roll:
Poohdog

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:51 pm

Sorry but I have kept thinking that one of you is describing the Facebook facility and the other is describing the Rowan Tree facility? :magnify:
vannin

Postby widget » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:15 pm

Poohdog, I have just sent you a PM in this forum. you should see if you have it by looking at the top of the page left side where it says 'new'
keep trying.
widget

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:55 pm

vannin wrote:Sorry but I have kept thinking that one of you is describing the Facebook facility and the other is describing the Rowan Tree facility? :magnify:

Not actually joking. Pooh, you seem to be trying on Facebook, and Maisie, you seem to be trying on the PM part of 'here'.
vannin

Postby widget » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:43 am

Oh well might give up, as we are on this site, I am only helping on this site,
only trying to help
widget

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:13 am

Good of you widget.
If you Maisie and Pooh wish to keep up your chatter why not just use this forum. I am sure no one would object and if anyone read the posts,no comments would be made. Have a go Maisie and settle the problem, make it easier for Pooh. cheerse Penny
Penny

Postby Poohdog » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:15 am

widget wrote:Oh well might give up, as we are on this site, I am only helping on this site,
only trying to help

Appreciated....All I wanted was to add Maisie to Messenger for private and group chats,not to ignore posts on here. :ithanku:
Still cant get her properly on FB....too complicated for me....must be wrong settings or summat.
Poohdog

Postby vannin » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:38 pm

I don't get on well with the private mails/messenger because, unless I am too thick to find an easy way, I am asked to post my message twice, and afterwards I am never sure if it went through!

Also bemused by the posting of photos on here because any time I tried, it was the wrong size, number of pixels unacceptable so I have never discovered the way out of that. The rest of you are clevererer :doh:
vannin

Postby widget » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Well if you want to send a message in Facebook, go to top of page, right hand side and you should have 4 little icons and an arrow, on the icon which is round, when you hover mouse over it, it should say 'Message'
click on it, and it should show a list of your 'friends' either click on there picture or click on 'new message' and find the name of who you want,
see if that works,
widget

Postby dita » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:16 pm

Vannin I agree with you entirely as far as pics are concerned, I am as thick as two short planks when they start going on about pixels and stuff. Gave up trying to put photos on yonks ago. xxxxx
dita

Postby Maywalk » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:16 pm

All sorted now and thanks for the help Widget.

Yes we were at cross purposes but finally got there.
Maywalk

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes