70th birthday present.

Except Personal Attacks

70th birthday present.

Postby Maywalk » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:01 pm

My son will be 70 on the 17th of this month and I was pondering what to get him to make it a special occasion especially as we cant have a rave up and I came up with the idea of contacting those who deal in old newspapers.
I put it in Google about old newspaper gifts and have found the ideal present of a lovely bound book with a page out of a newspaper each year of what happened on his birthday over the years.
He knows about it and said he was looking forward to browsing the newspaper pages over the years and having a page in the book to put any photos up as he has gone through life.
What do you think?

https://www.lovemygifts.co.uk/gift/pers ... aper-book/
Maywalk

Re: 70th birthday present.

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:08 pm

Maisie, what a super idea. As we get older there really isn't anything we want, but that book sounds perfect. Well thought out you. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Re: 70th birthday present.

Postby Maywalk » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:11 pm

Thanks Penny.
To be honest I did not now what reaction to expect from my son because he is very technically minded and up on cloud nine most of the time working on computer programmes something to do with audioscopes and oscilloscopes but he really took to the idea, because as he said he has his daughter and grandson now and it would most likely be of great interest to any future family.
I will let you know what I think of it when it comes.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes