rubbish collection

Except Personal Attacks

rubbish collection

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:41 pm

Vannin did you tell me that councils will collect from the door. Was it a seperate collection from the big ones, do you have to arrange it, is there a seperate cost. We are beginning to need a seperate collection. Mant thanks for any info. cheers Penny
Penny

Re: rubbish collection

Postby vannin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Penny wrote:Vannin did you tell me that councils will collect from the door. Was it a seperate collection from the big ones, do you have to arrange it, is there a seperate cost. We are beginning to need a seperate collection. Mant thanks for any info. cheers Penny

It is the normal weekly collection and no cost. When I knew I was starting to suffer from heaving mine down the drive and back up, and knowing a neighbour who had assistance, I contacted the council Waste dept, and requested what they call 'Collect and Return.' I think they emailed a short form for me to fill in and a pleasant lady called at the house, and since then it has been done, nearly twelve years. There have been hiccups when there are new drivers and operatives who have to learn, and also there have been two changes of contractor - who have to re-train too. So those times, there were delays while I complained and a dustcart had to return days later. They ask that wherever possible, you place the bins in view of the road.
If your council Waste Dept pleads ignorance, say it it is normal practice in Chiltern region.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:40 pm

Thank you very much vannin. Hope you are feeling a little better. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:27 pm

Thanks Penny. A lot better. I hope hubby is doing well.
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:34 pm

Just to say a big Thank You vannin. Had reply from council and they start collecting from the drive next week. Much appreciated. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:37 pm

Just to say a big Thank You. Had reply this morning from Council to inform us collection will start next week. Your help much appreciated. cheers Penny :ithanku: :ithanku: :ithanku:
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:51 pm

Penny wrote:Just to say a big Thank You. Had reply this morning from Council to inform us collection will start next week. Your help much appreciated. cheers Penny :ithanku: :ithanku: :ithanku:

I am glad Penny. I can't imagine what a big struggle you have both had, heaving those wheelies any distance, in your nineties too. If your council had not obliged, they would have been a disgrace.
vannin

Return to Anything Goes