Hubby away

Except Personal Attacks

Hubby away

Postby Penny » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:55 pm

Just to let you know, hubby missed a door handle last night and slipped down, unhurt but could not get up. A lady came within 15 minutes fixed some equipment round his back and up he came. Marvelous. This morning, he had a shower and went down exactly the same Two men arrived within 15 mins and worked for an hour trying to get him up, in the end they sent for an ambulence which arrived within 15 mins and the 4 men in total tried all sorts to get hubby to stand up but in the end took him to hospital. So, keeping fingers crossed, will let you know if and when I get any news.

cheers Penny :sad:
Penny

Re: Hubby away

Postby maggieh » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:08 pm

Sorry to read about your hubby,Penny.Hope he will soon be back home with you.Sounds like he is a big chap.

How is your grandson getting on now.Where is your granddaughter now as she was going to Australia.

My granddaughter has taken a year out,she is working.

You take care of yourself while hubby is away.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:20 pm

Sorry to hear such disappointing news, Penny, about hubby. It sounds as though the lady who came first, had the knack and the four men did not. I hope his spell in hospital is short and will give him a good result. :please:
Last edited by vannin on Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby twin1947 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:50 pm

Hope your Hubby will be ok Penny.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:14 pm

Thanks folks. no news yet. Trouble was yesterday he slid down wall outside the shower, this time he landed on the shower floor and the two big chaps could not get round him to fix equipment, hence Ambulence. Still waiting for news.
Ellen is planning New Zealand when this virus is over. One of her relatives died in Australia hence the cancellation.
James is still having to inject his tummy every day and because this year has been so bad for him he is starting second year again when he can go back to Uni.

Still awaiting news re hubby.
Take care all, snow and lots of rain on the way.
cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:34 pm

Penny, with the hospital treating hubby now, just a couple of day before the vaccination appointment, I'm wondering if your hospital would offer to do the vaccination of both of you, to save you having to delay it?
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:53 pm

Thanks vannin. Will find out tomorrow but if not daughter is taking me to clinic Sat. morning and a nurse said if he could not make it she would arrange home visit.

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:04 pm

Hope you have some Good news soon.

There's nothing makes you feel quite so desolate as watching while those blue lights disappear down the road.
laurie53

Postby laurie53 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:54 am

Any news Penny?
laurie53

Postby Penny » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:12 pm

Hubby has a meeting this morning, If it is his body that has given up they will arrange home help. Seems he also had an infection in the blood and they have provided tablets for that. Wont know any more until late afternoon, will let you know. Just heard from daughter she is picking hubby up this afternoon. Seems he is walking now and getting dressed himself. I have had strict instructions not to spoil him any more. Seems me doing everything for him has brought about lack of movement. So, nust make myself firm. Will let you know when he arrives, Vannin, had call from clinic, vaccine did not turn up so had to make new appointment, next Tuesday, only to find daughter cannot make it then. So. back at the beginning. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:02 pm

Oh Penny, what a muddle with supply delays of vaccine. System not progressing smoothly in so many places - not the slick 'roll-out' they would have us believe.
Some of the towns have volunteer drivers who offer to transport 'us' to centres, if you ask the appointment-maker.
Glad to hear hubby is walking and dressing himself. The hospital is right to say he must get used to coping by himself, though I know you would naturally try to help if he was struggling. I hope he is home soon.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:00 pm

Thanks vannin. Daughter was called and collected hubby an hour ago I had a call saying it was best as we would have to wait up to two hours for a hospital vehicle. I was also told to make him keep up with exercise and not to do things for him. Daughter dropped him and ticked me off again for doing everything for him. Can't win whatever I do. Will try. Daughter booking vaccine for next Saturday. She said the virus is getting worse now/. Can only hope for the best. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:20 pm

Hello everyone, sorry to hear about your Husband Penny I wish him well soon........ Had a phone call from my surgery to tell me because I am vulnerable and live where I do they are going to come to my home to give me the vaccination, I am so relieved.

Also Vannin, the friend who I couldn't get in touch with........her neighbour picked up her phone messages and rang me, my friend Ruth had a bad stroke just before Xmas, she also had a Covi, then she had Pneumonia + lots of other health problems, she has been in and out of intensive care 3 times and more than fingers need to be crossed for her being up and about again for a while. Anyway the lady who phoned had heard about me and promises to get a message to her on my behalf. Not good news but better than nothing. Take care all and love and hugs to you Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me.xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:15 pm

Penny, your daughter sounds like mine. Ticking-off is what she excels at!!
Good news about the new plan for you Dita. In a way it is a relief to hear about your friend although very sad circumstances. As you say, better than nothing. But the not-knowing makes you fear the worst.
The white stuff I awoke to today is quite disappeared, you would never know it snowed. Just wet, dark and miserable again. My get-up-and-go has deserted me again, but that applies to most days!

Trixie was behaving strangely for half of the week, as if something had spooked her. Then when I looked at the FB Neighbourhood site on Thursday, a neighbour passed the sad news that the cat of another neighbour had lost his ninth life the previous night. I don't know the lady but did know the cat, Finn, who used to call round for Trixie. Usually she avoids other cats especially toms. She was spayed and he was neutered so there was not a disgusting smell. But cats still pick up on each others' scent. Any time she went out at the front, she sniffed the outside of the outer porch door, inch by inch. This week, she did it over and over again then hovered very uncertainly then ran back indoors in that 'spooked' way. I twigged that she 'knows' and is grieving. Whether she saw or just sensed something that night, I don't know, nor what happened, how Finn died, and don't feel I can ask. Anyway, sorry to be dismal. She and I send hugs and love to Dita and Dolly xxxx :bighugs: :bighugs:
vannin

Postby laurie53 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:45 pm

Penny wrote:Hubby has a meeting this morning, If it is his body that has given up they will arrange home help. Seems he also had an infection in the blood and they have provided tablets for that. Wont know any more until late afternoon, will let you know. Just heard from daughter she is picking hubby up this afternoon. Seems he is walking now and getting dressed himself. I have had strict instructions not to spoil him any more. Seems me doing everything for him has brought about lack of movement. So, nust make myself firm. Will let you know when he arrives, Vannin, had call from clinic, vaccine did not turn up so had to make new appointment, next Tuesday, only to find daughter cannot make it then. So. back at the beginning. cheers Penny

Can't do it Penny.

Hard enough to watch anyone struggle with simple tasks. Impossible when it's a loved one!
laurie53

Next

Return to Anything Goes