Ciderman, would you have an opinion on this?

Except Personal Attacks

Ciderman, would you have an opinion on this?

Postby vannin » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:35 pm

I have bought it for my daughter, Brancott Estate Terroir series Sauvignon Blanc.
""Inspired by the varied terroir within the Marlborough region, Terroir Series showcases the regional diversity of Marlborough. This award winning Sauvignon Blanc has bold aromas of citrus, nettle and cut grass laced with a hint of honey, a very complex and layered bouquet. On the palate it's satisfyingly weighty with notes of melon, lime and a contrasted minerality. It is delicious with seafood, salmon and cheese. :lol: :lol:

The 2016 vintage won a gold medal at Drinks Business Global Sauvignon Blanc Masters and at the International Wine Challenge 2017, two of the most prestigious wine awards in the world.

The 2019 vintage placed in the top 100 and was awarded a Blue Gold medal at The Sydney International Wine Show 2020.
Perfect for dinner parties this award-winning white wine reflects the best of the Marlborough region, in New Zealand
Country of Origin
New Zealand""
vannin

Re: Ciderman, would you have an opinion on this?

Postby laurie53 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:33 pm

Should have minded my own business as I'm not Ciderman.

Now my mouth is watering!
laurie53

Postby vannin » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:36 pm

laurie53 wrote:Should have minded my own business as I'm not Ciderman.

Now my mouth is watering!

All these threads are everyone's business!! I put Ciderman because he used to be in the winery business. He has not been on Rowan lately so I hope he is OK. If all of us could comment on whatever crops up (and especially if your mouth is watering!) there might be more chat. :sunglasses: A couple of us are more constant so it must often look like a takeover of one thread. What more can we do to get responses? Having said that, thank you Laurie for popping in - I shall enjoy my Sunday now. Take care.
vannin

Postby laurie53 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:34 am

I read nerdy all threads unless obviously not for me like football off Strictly!

I don't need the "Dita and all" thread because on the odd occasions when I've looked in I can contribute nothing, and I'm not one of those who feels it necessary to say something even when I have nothing to say!
laurie53

Re: Ciderman and all, would you have an opinion on this?

Postby vannin » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:55 pm

laurie53 wrote:I read nerdy all threads unless obviously not for me like football off Strictly!

I don't need the "Dita and all" thread because on the odd occasions when I've looked in I can contribute nothing, and I'm not one of those who feels it necessary to say something even when I have nothing to say!

Laurie, perhaps rather than find one to contribute to, start a thread on your own interests. I would be very interested and so would other members, to 'hear' you relate your experiences in the Forces for example, unless some of those memories are sad - nobody would expect to cause the opening of wounds (metaphorically) and today being Remembrance Sunday, I am aware of mixed memories - having returned from a sombre service. Tell us how your health is these days - I believe we are both trying to save our sight. Sorry to keep on but we want there to be 'inclusivity' if that is a word, and not to be losing members.
Take care of yourself. I share your negative thoughts on football and my daughter and s-i-l are fanatics!
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:38 pm

That tells me, thanks Laurie53. Think Vannin summed it up nicely.
dita

Postby laurie53 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:20 pm

Well, I do try to post if I think I've got something interesting to say, but that's not often!

I could tell you about the time I put 1000 pound bomb into a doctor's garden in Scotland, or when I find a missile across the nose of a BoAC aeroplane taking off from International Airport but other peoples' failures are of even less interest than your own, and As for health problems, boring!
laurie53

Postby vannin » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:47 pm

Yes yes, please tell us more about those pieces of your history!! I await your posts!
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:45 pm

One thing I don't moan about are my illnesses, the reason I come on Rowan is to chat about anything that leads to a friendly atmosphere between us. I was a toddler when war broke out and because Dad had to go fight for his country we had to move and live with my Grandparents who lived next to a busy aerodrome full of planes and Military personnel.They were travelling back and forth handling ammunition and sometimes piloting crippled aircraft after being involved in raids.
Like Vannin I would be very interested in reading your history too. Laurie53.
dita

Postby laurie53 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:07 pm

The thing about discussing your illnesses on a forum like this is that most folk are damn sight worse off than you are!
laurie53

Postby vannin » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:41 pm

Well, I think the most likely health-related topic on forums in general, has been the pandemic for a while now. To the best of my knowledge, none of us members have had it so far. However I did mention last month, that I had the 'super-cold' and don't think anyone minded.
I mention most of my appointments for eye injection, now they have reached more than thirty in number, every six weeks, mostly to say I hardly felt it, or the hosp transport was delayed owing to the HS2 workings close to Amersham Hospital.
But I would never say we actually discuss illnesses.
vannin

Postby ciderman_nz » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:26 pm

Sorry Vannin , I've been a bit busy lately, only just popped in. Brancott are pretty good especially with Sauvignon Blanc. The Marlborough climate is slightly different to others. Most of my time was spent in Hawkes Bay where it really suited the Cabernet varieties like Bordeaux does.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby laurie53 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:50 pm

Are Cabernets similar to German Kabinett?
laurie53

Postby ciderman_nz » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:56 pm

Might be a bit tricky Laurie, making wine out of furniture! :mrgreen: I believe Kabinett was a kind German equivalent of 'Reserve' quality.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby vannin » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:12 pm

THank you Michael, for your review of the Brancott. My daughter is always saying she has not found a Sauvignon to call favourite so she goes for a red Rioja! I consider it is a good buy reduced from £12 to £8.
vannin

Next

Return to Anything Goes