Still with T.V. Which presenters.....?

Except Personal Attacks

Still with T.V. Which presenters.....?

Postby vannin » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:02 pm

Preference among news presenters and correspondents: (serious ones first) Ben Brown on BBC news. Riz Latif on London and South East. Fergal Keane and Orla Gueron from abroad. Tomaz Schafernaker and Carol Kirkwood on weather.
Anton on Strictly. Sometimes Craig. Not the females.
Regulars on Would I Lie to you. Rob Brydon, Lee Mack, David Mitchell. (Sometimes I could split my sides!)
I can't stand game shows, sport or cookery progs, so you will be relieved they leave a big empty space here. I used to watch Question of Sport and will give the new line-up a chance but miss the retired trio.

All contributions welcome.
vannin

Re: Still with T.V. Which presenters.....?

Postby Penny » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:59 pm

Not intersted in the reader, only want the news. Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:29 pm

Thank you for your opinion Penny. I think a bad newsreader, of which there has been one (a female) at weekends on BBC for a while, can be offputting. We can easily discuss the news as you want, but surely we want a small respite from it while we have online diversion?
vannin

Postby vannin » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:18 pm

Strictly, WILTY and Question of Sport are not news but like most progs, need presenters!! Surely someone else watches them?!
My bad attitude to watching Sport means the matches themselves but I still have an interest in 'Question of...'
As for Olympics, I have less than a handful of events to enjoy watching especially Equestrian. Plus rowing, gymnastics and diving, But track events leave me cold.
vannin

Postby vannin » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:19 pm

Surprise about Ben Brown. Before he was brought 'home' a few years ago after his previous reporting from the most extreme war zones and earthquakes, he was definitely one of the best. He did not immediately settle into sitting in a news studio and sometimes looked restless. But he was soon the great fixture we know, seamlessly presenting news here.
Then yesterday - there he was, out in the thick of the war in Ukraine, and as excellent as ever. Admiration and respect to all news correspondents of so many nationalities, risking injury or worse, through their work, and especially the volunteers. God bless them all.
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:24 pm

Tomaz, Ben, + Doc Zhan? on morning live. many more. Love and hugs Vannin and Trixie from Dolly and me xxxx
dita

Return to Anything Goes