WHY .....A question for those who call but never join in.

Except Personal Attacks

WHY .....A question for those who call but never join in.

Postby Maywalk » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:39 am

We very often see that guests are perusing the threads.They cant all be fakes.
There must be other members who still pop in to read the threads and it would be great to know how everyone has fared over the years.

I am guilty of not being regular but at least I DO call in when not in hospital or unable to sit at the computer for long.

If any old members are still popping in to just read please come in and say "Hi".
Maywalk

Re: WHY .....A question for those who call but never join in

Postby Maywalk » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:00 pm

Ah Well!
At least I tried. :roll: :roll:
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:08 pm

Not to worry Maisie, popping in folk are just answering what they have time for or are interested in. The old days of long chin wagging are over now. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:54 pm

I must disagree about ....the old days of long chin-wagging being over now!! Who said so? I believe all our active members are retired and have more time on their hands than If they were still working and had busy lives.
My other forum memberships have a mix of retired and working people, who all contribute. Nobody says it must be lengthy contributions, but it would be nice to think someone, both members and 'guests', having read our posts, they might briefly acknowledge. Who demanded lengthiness? Not me, Dita, Maywalk, Cjderman or Laurie.
My own offerings become long because I would rather be sociable than sit staring at soccer or cookery or indoor games on TV or going to sit out looking at a canal. That is my choice/ preference.
Thank you, Maywalk, for trying. Surely 'they' must realise and feel ashamed that they continue to ignore, while a a lady of very advanced years and in pain but a great humorous outlook, is doing so much.

I would praise Penny's quizzes as everyone else does but I know she never reads my posts anyway.(Too long)
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:59 pm

Thanks Vannin.
Personally I liked the interactive posts from previous members.
We got to know each other over the years but sadly many have now passed on but if only those looking in just wrote "Hello" it would be something.
Its ok belonging to Facebook for various reasons but you dont get the same camaraderie as you do on a forum.
Maywalk

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:59 pm

I used to be a regular here but bade my farewells early last year for reasons which I stated clearly at that time. Nevertheless, I have occasionally dipped in to read posts as an observer and Maywalk's appeal might have prompted me to rejoin - until I read one of the replies.

Ashamed? Lurkers should be ashamed for not posting?
Oh, please! I can think of numerous reasons to feel shame. I'd feel shame if caught shoplifting. I'd be ashamed to commit tax fraud. I'd feel deep shame if my actions hurt someone I love or if I selfishly refused to support a friend in need.

But for not posting in an internet forum? No, never. Perhaps this high-handed moralistic tone is what puts newcomers off?
Just a thought.
Andere Richtingen

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:34 am

Andere I'm so sorry you got caught shoplifting, :mrgreen: always be aware of CCTV!
Just for my personal preferences, you may have noticed I do not take part in puzzles and competitions, not because I do not see the fun in this kind of thing, just because I am always in a hurry.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby dita » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:01 pm

Hi! Andere. Good to see you, I do hope you are ok. Sorry I have not kept in touch as I should, I have not been too well and I am still not feeling much better, old age and failing health + a few more bits and pieces. I pop in and have chats with Vannin really because we do have things in common from our past, also interests in general.
Hee hee !-- not getting involved in the WHY subject, I would probably just get myself in more bovva! Take Care xx
dita

Postby Maywalk » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:18 pm

Maywalk wrote:Ah Well!
At least I tried. :roll: :roll:

Cannot do much more. :dunno:

Sorry to have caused an upset but nice to see you are still around Andere.

Best wishes to all.
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:18 pm

Maisie, I have tried too, but no more. Not after this second attack from the one person. When any of us grieved, we empathised with each other. We know what it is like to live alone. That first time, I 'left', but returned after two or three weeks, making allowances that people lash out with name-calling because they grieve. Also I felt I owed it to Rowan's memory.

The fact is, that other posting arrived on the anniversary of my son's death. This too is not a good time.
I hope some of us will keep in touch, either through private mail here or through private messaging on FB.
Love you Maisie. Take care. Vivienne.
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:10 pm

Oh! heck, don't know what to say now. My memory of Rowan is utmost in my mind, whatever would she say?????
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:11 pm

Dita, after my many messages not reaching you (tried a p-m once again just now) resorted to the 'Greetings' page, quite scared going on this one but what else is there away from lurkers and worse?
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:11 pm

Just popped back on to check if my latest PM had gone or------maybe still in the out box. Not checked yet because I saw you had been on here. For so long there has been so few of us coming in every day to keep the forum going, then suddenly all this stuff about visitors coming in, not posting etc: even complaining of illness and other troubles which stops them from posting anything??? I am ill, my husband who I was carer for suddenly died and that was very distressing in itself but I still tried to post and be as cheerful as I could because that would be a better thing to do than moaning and groaning to make anyone else miserable. Sorry for that rant but what good has all that chat done over the the last few days but upset the forum even more.
Vannin I will send you my email, if this lovely Rowan Forum now fails. Love and Hugs xxxx
dita

Postby Maywalk » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:29 pm

Are you referring to me Dita?

Sorry to know you are not well and if my calling in here has started any bitterness it wasn't intended.
I am TOO old now to start getting involved with whys and wherefores but after this I too will avoid calling in.

God Bless All.
Maywalk

Postby widget » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:59 pm

Oh please stop arguing, why are you being like this, we are all here just to keep in touch, talk about the weather do a quiz, and just keep this forum going,
please no more bad posts.
widget

Next

Return to Anything Goes