I WONDER

Except Personal Attacks

I WONDER

Postby Penny » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:42 pm

I often wonder how the folks are who used to post on here. With such a lot going on now there seems plenty to discuss. Like, who do you think should be P.M. What do you think of the Russion stuff etc. I hope that everyone is OK. cheers
Penny

Re: I WONDER

Postby widget » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:21 pm

Sorry not into politics or Russian stuff, but would like a bit more rain, preferred at night.
widget

Postby laurie53 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:12 pm

I don't think any of the current bunch, on both sides of the House should be Prime Minister, they're are bunch of nonentities.

w
When you think of all the prime ministers in waiting we
had, like RAB Butler, Douglas Hurd of Shirley Williams and Barbara castle it makes the current lot look pretty mediocre doesn't it?

So far as Russia is concerned, as you know I spent 40 years facing them down and while a lot of people thought the system was changed I was never that confident. I would no more trust a Russian then I would a Middle Eastern beggar. and that's not meant as racist that's just a fact of life.

If a Russian embraces you in friendship , check your back for holes.
laurie53

Postby ciderman_nz » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:27 am

I must say I find a lot of sympathy for the Russians who have demonstrated against the Ukraine conflict and have suffered as a result.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby laurie53 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:08 am

I feel sorry for most ordinary Russians.

Autocracy has been the system there since the Middle Ages and unfortunately it is regarded as the norm. The only system they know is the iron fist in the chain mail glove.
laurie53

Postby Penny » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:03 am

Like you Laurie, such a shame. Why do we have to mess up our lifetime when we don't really have many years to run. Hope you are keeping well with weather not too bad. cheers
Penny

Return to Anything Goes