Have you any ..............

Except Personal Attacks

Have you any ..............

Postby Maywalk » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:43 pm

hopes or expectations for the coming year?
I can only hope that things will improve regarding everything that is going off in this so called GREAT Britain of ours.
I cant remember in all my decades on this earth this country being in such a bxlls up. :doh:
It was bad enough when WW2 started but at the rate this country is going folks will be at war with each other. :cry:
SO much unrest with many of the main the services striking for more pay, which is understandable.
OK so I should be past worrying about any future at my age but like many more elderly folk who have families and g/grandchildren it makes one wonder what next will happen in this technical age of ours.

What say you?
Maywalk

Re: Have you any ..............

Postby widget » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:41 pm

I think it is money that has ruined this country, some folk seem to think they do not have to work, when we left school we got a job, or signed on at the dole until we did get a job, and with all the 'things' folk think they must have regardless of cost, we had to save to get a 'luxury,
I'm not sure where it all went wrong, and feel sorry for the true honest folk who are frighting to get it right,
I'm just glad I'm on my way out of this world and not on my way in it,
widget

Postby Maywalk » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:02 pm

Yes me too Widget.
Maywalk

Postby ciderman_nz » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:34 am

This takes me back about 70 years when I was at school in Auckland. After school I mowed lawns and when I got my drivers licence at 15 and a half years old, I got a job delivering greengroceries in a little Bradford van every Friday.
In amongst all this I was picking strawberries during the season. It was really hot and among the several teenage kids like me, working on the weekend was a girl named Luca Vadonovich, one of the Dalmation community who had immigrated to NZ. The reason she sticks in my mind is the stress she put on the teenage boy that was me, by wiping the sweat of her face with the front of the T shirt she was wearing! There was nothing underneath! :mrgreen:
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby laurie53 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:16 pm

For myself, nothing, I'm pretty content though improved vision would be nice.

I'd like to see peace in Ukraine though, those people have suffered enough and not for reasons of their own making.

Some sign of an end to world hunger would also be good, as would some humanity for the girls of Afghanistan
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:10 pm

ciderman_nz wrote:This takes me back about 70 years when I was at school in Auckland. After school I mowed lawns and when I got my drivers licence at 15 and a half years old, I got a job delivering greengroceries in a little Bradford van every Friday.
In amongst all this I was picking strawberries during the season. It was really hot and among the several teenage kids like me, working on the weekend was a girl named Luca Vadonovich, one of the Dalmation community who had immigrated to NZ. The reason she sticks in my mind is the stress she put on the teenage boy that was me, by wiping the sweat of her face with the front of the T shirt she was wearing! There was nothing underneath! :mrgreen:

Are you sure it was stress Michael? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes