A week before Christmas ....

Except Personal Attacks

A week before Christmas ....

Postby Maywalk » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Once again I was taken to hospital because my breathing was so bad.
Unfortunately I had a 12 hour wait in the ambulance before I got in the hospital. It was difficult BUT I am behind those striking with what they have to deal with.
The paramedics looked after me well until I was taken for an x-ray that showed I have a lesion on my left lung.
On the Wednesday before Christmas I asked to be signed out because I wanted to go home.
I told the doctor that I would take the antibiotics and steroids orally and it would free a bed up for someone far worse than me.
He wanted to keep me in but I managed to wheedle round him and he agreed as long as I took the meds and if I was still having problems to ring 999.
To say it was bedlam in that hospital would be putting it mildly because they had a lady in there who had to have 24 hour surveillance because she had an aggressive type of Dementia.
From when she first came in she was out of bed and walking round the wards taking with her two big bags that she collected things from any of the patients tables. To say it was a nightmare not only for the sick patients but for also the nurses and the person trying to stop her. I felt sorry for the nursing staff because they had their time cut out looking after those who needed help. In my opinion this lady should NEVER have been sent to a hospital ward like this.
The best bit was I had had dealings with this patient before when being in the same hospital on a different ward during the Christmas of 2019.
It was Christmas Day 2019 when she decided to do a walkabout.
All the nurses were busy at that time and M as I will call her was not at that time under 24 hour supervision.
Anyway M flounced off and I called her asking where she was going. I could not get out of bed at that time because I had broken three vertebrae in my back. I shouted to her to tell the nurse where she was going but she ignored me and flounced into the toilet. Next thing was a piercing scream and a loud bang. I finally managed to get the attention of a nurse but got told off for being impatient. This was a red rag to a bull and I let rip into that nurse telling her it wasn't for me and to get someone in the toilet because M had had a fall and evidently hurt herself from the scream. Yes she sure had hurt herself and her face was a complete mess. I got an apology from the nurse and from getting M out of the toilet she had 24 hour supervision after that.
After reading this could you blame me for wanting to get away from her this time round. ?
Maywalk

Re: A week before Christmas ....

Postby widget » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:09 am

It does make you wonder what is going to happen to the NHS, only hope I can keep out of it, have enough trouble getting a prescription from Boots chemist, that's another, I think, local story.
widget

Return to Anything Goes