Fashion.

Except Personal Attacks

Fashion.

Postby Maywalk » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:56 pm

What happened to the young women of yesteryear who dressed in lovely flared dresses and with a heel on their shoes.
This below is the latest fashion and it makes me wonder where the heck it will all end.
The youngsters seem brainwashed nowadays when buying clothes and someone is sure making a lot of money out of rubbish like this below.

I think I am getting old :mrgreen:

Whoops it does not look as though I can post the picture. :cry:
Maywalk

Re: Fashion.

Postby ciderman_nz » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:59 pm

That's why you can now buy brand new jeans with holes in the knees! :mrgreen:
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby laurie53 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:50 am

Why bother with stuff like that when jeans and trainers are readily available everyone regardless of age or sex down looks like the same shapeless mass and I think whether you agree or not that we have lost something

I will continue to wear jacket and tie where appropriate with my silk jacket , Donegal tweed slacks and my embroidered brocade waistcoats .

that's what I feel comfortable in
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:41 pm

I just cant get my head round so called educated younger folk being taken in by this sort of thing.

My cleaners son is 14 and he had money given to him for Christmas from his grandma and dad and went and bought a pair of trainers for £145. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I cant see them lasting long because he is still growing. :huffin:

The mind boggles. :dunno:
Maywalk

Postby widget » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:46 pm

The price of some things make me wonder what world I am living in, my son and wife bought a coffee making machine cost well over £200, ok they can afford it, both got well paid jobs, but that price for a cup of coffee, and that price for a pair of trainers, can't believe it.
widget

Postby Maywalk » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:02 pm

Yes Laurie many have lost something and that is pride in their appearance. :huffin:

Unfortunately with me now being disabled I cant wear dresses but I wear trousers with a seam down the front and make sure that my outfit matches even though I have to be taken out in my wheelchair.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes