BEWARE - More Scams

Except Personal Attacks

BEWARE - More Scams

Postby Penny » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:29 pm

Had a call this morning telling me I was going to be charged £200, and then £100. Did a check and found it a scam.. If you get one do not ring back. That is where the money goes...... cheers
Penny

Re: BEWARE - More Scams

Postby maggieh » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:01 pm

Nice to see you posting Penny.

I have had a few calls that when you answer the phone it goes all noisy from the caller.So I have got a whistle to do the same back to them. :mrgreen:

So many scams going around its awful.
maggieh

Postby widget » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:15 pm

I had an email from a person [name] that I knew asking if he could ask a favour of me, I replied 'yes' and below was the email I got from 'him' I ignored it, but at first it seemed genuine.

Thanks for the response. I need to get a Google Play gift card for my niece, who has been diagnosed with stage 3 metastatic breast cancer. It’s her birthday today, and I totally forgot. I can't do this now because I'm currently on a short trip. I tried purchasing online, but unfortunately had no luck with that. Can you get it from any supermarket, Sainsbury's, Tesco's, Morrison's or stores close to you? Kindly let me know if you can handle this on my behalf. So, I can let you know what to do with the voucher once you have it. I am only looking to spend £200. I promise to pay it back as soon as I get back. Please let me know if you can handle this, and I would have loved to call you instead of reaching you via email. But my phone fell down and the screen went blank, and I only have access to the computer.

Awaiting your kind reply.

Thanks,
David
widget

Postby twin1947 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:07 pm

I had 2 emails from DVLA to say my payment failed and to click on the links,one i dont drive plus no way do i click on links.
twin1947

Postby widget » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:37 pm

My friend had a phone call from the DVLA saying the same and unfortunately she fell for it and might lose just over £100, but think her bank is now looking into it, but she said the man sounded so nice , well-spoken, polite, think she has learnt the hard way now,
widget

Postby widget » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:15 pm

Just heard from my friend, she got her money back.
widget

Postby maggieh » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:33 pm

Glad your friend got her money back,Widget.
maggieh

Return to Anything Goes