What is your favourite meal

Except Personal Attacks

What is your favourite meal

Postby Penny » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:31 pm

What is your favourite meal and how often do you have it....cheers
Penny

Re: What is your favourite meal

Postby widget » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:40 pm

I don't eat meat but love fish, prefer to eat out when I can and always have some kind of fish, like a nice fish pie, as for eating indoors, like a jacket potato done in the oven, nice crispy skin, with tin mackerel.
widget

Postby laurie53 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:26 pm

12 inch thin and crispy double pepperoni.

I deliberately limit myself to one a week!
laurie53

Postby widget » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:25 pm

Is that like a spicy sausage?
widget

Postby Penny » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:29 am

I adore Kellogs Crispy Cornflakes, topped by sliced banana and a little cold milk. Only use a little milk so that the cornflakes stay crispy. I have this every morning and if I cannot think of a dish for lunch I have this one again. cheers
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:57 am

widget wrote:Is that like a spicy sausage?

yes I've always got couple of packs in the freezer just top up if it's looking a bit thin!
laurie53

Postby maggieh » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:04 pm

My favourite lunch at the moment is a poached egg made in the airfryer.So easy to do.
maggieh

Postby widget » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:41 pm

I have often thought of an air fryer, but never got round to it, just think it might be another 'gadget' I will have, being on my own I do eat what I want and when I want, just feel I will not use it,
so come on, convince me,
widget

Postby maggieh » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:13 pm

I also live on my own and I use my airfryer every day,Widget.You can cook a chicken in there .But not anygood for you as you don't eat meat.They are good for lots of things that need cooking.I stopped eating sausages as I didnt like being spat at.But now they go in the airfryer with no problem.
You can do a poached egg on 200 for 8 mins.Potatoes cooked in their skins are super in a airfryer.Maybe look on line for airfryer recipes and stuff you can cook in there before buying one.
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:17 pm

Penny wrote:I adore Kellogs Crispy Cornflakes, topped by sliced banana and a little cold milk. Only use a little milk so that the cornflakes stay crispy. I have this every morning and if I cannot think of a dish for lunch I have this one again. cheers

How are you getting on Penny.Good that you are eating Cornflakes ,does'nt matter what you eat so long as you eat something at meal times. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:35 pm

Thanks Maggie, lovely to hear from you. I'm afraid I don't get about at all now, using my wheeler tray I manage to get from one room to another. My son lives miles away but arranges all my food and needs and cleaner comes once a week to keep the place tidy. How is your 'little one ' Give him a big hug from me. Do take care and keep fighting fit. cheers :please:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:00 pm

Glad you son is looking after you Penny.Could you not go and stay with him and his family for a while,be company for you.

I saw Logan yesterday we went to a indoor mini golf place.It was settings like a jungle with all kinds of animal noises and stuffed animals.I thought there was a naughty child in there when I heard screaming ha ha.

Take care and I will post again. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:33 pm

Morning all, Super blue sky again but everywhere still white over with a heavy frost.

Big hug for Logan, might help to keep him warm.

Sorry Maggie, sons wife has to help out on farm which was left to her and sister and brother. As there is only one farmhouse occupied by farm manager they cannot find staff so all have to work there. As son has to travel lots of times there would be no-one to look after me, hence, staying here. Take care, cheers.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:22 pm

Has anyone had or made a bacon and onion pudding with suet.?I made one last week but it was'nt very successful.So I am going to try to put them in pots today and steam them.
My Mum used to make them when we were younger and it was a lovely meal with veggies.

I expect you look forward to the cleaner coming Penny,at least you can chat with her.Does the young gardener still come to you. :mrgreen: I will be seeing Logan for a couple of hours on Saturday,he is nearly 10.Time goes so quick.I will let you know how my cookery lesson goes tomorrow. :mrgreen: Take care. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:04 pm

Never heard of that dish Maggie, cannot imagine it at all. Be interesting to know how it turns out. Perhaps one day try a few sliced mushrooms.

Regarding William, the gardener, he came two or three weeks ago and when I paid him he said he would not be coming anymore. Good for him, he now has a full time job. As soon as I told my son he said not to worry, he has arranged for a lady gardener to come, I had never heard of a lady doing such so he brought the lady to meet me and she turned out a very nice person who has been doing this work for years. So, as soon as weather is ok she will contact son and to arrange time etc.
Give boy a big hug and tell him to keep warm. cheers
Penny

Next

Return to Anything Goes