Wish we could go back

Except Personal Attacks

Wish we could go back

Postby Penny » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:19 pm

How I wish we could all go back to the days when everyone posted on here. Often wondered if it was my fault as I used to post a lot.
cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Wish we could go back

Postby ciderman_nz » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:42 pm

I have to admit to being a responder rather than an initiator. Nice to see you on deck anyway. We are still responding to Cyclone at the moment (and for coming weeks, months probably years, but it is nice to see how people have risen to the occasion with volunteer cleaner uppers and lots of donations both in goods and in cash. In some places the silt is metres deep, houses flooded up to roofs and cell phone, power and internet was down for many although these are coming back now. A week ago we had over 3000 people noted as missing. In other words not able to communicate that they were safe, just cut off. That is now down to 20 or 30. 15 bridges have gone disrupting road access and many slips have taken big chunks out of road and rail. Never mind time will tell.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby widget » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:54 am

Glad you are getting over all your weather problems ciderman,
When I read the heading, 'Wish we could go back' I was all for that, not meaning on here just in life,
first go, my caller ID on my home phone stopped working, so I do not know who is calling me,
then my printer stopped working, then I discovered an oil leak in my car,
So the 'good old days' with no phone, printer or car would have been nice.
widget

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:13 pm

This has been a really strange 12 months! Spring started with gale force winds that blew all the blossoms off our fruit trees. This year we harvested 5 fruit from our Peachcott and 2 from our Peach. Plums were a bit more prolific but as soon as they started to colour the birds got stuck into them. Now we have Cyclone Gabrielle that has ripped the country apart. Fruit and vegetable prices will go up as so many crops have been lost to floods and silt. Added to that psychopath Putin and his invasion of Ukraine and weather patterns the world over makes you wonder about Armageddon! :-)
ciderman_nz

Postby widget » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:43 am

Armageddon, makes you wonder where it will all end, sounds like your country has and is having it rough,
over here, the daffodils are all coming out and a few things sprouting in the garden but still cold,
Still lets hope things will calm down soon,
widget

Postby Penny » Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:53 pm

Sorry to be a bit late in reply, in hospital on Sunday from about 6.30 until late afternoon. I had tripped during the night and seems I chopped my arm almost through the bone at the elbow. Called for emergency vehicle who were very busy, they called my son they took me in the ambulance and asked my son to follow. Had to see Dr after Dr, have Ex rays done all over including my brain.It is so odd, I still don't feel a thing, body simply covered in bruises......My son of course stayed with me and on condition I was not left alone they got another ambulance and allowed me home. <Next day people came to inspect the bungalow just to make sure it was safe. District nurse on Tuesday.Only thing I ca keep saying is the nurses were working so hard they deserve three times their salary. Sorry to have been away so long. cheers
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:45 pm

Oh Penny sorry to hear you had a bad fall.Have you got anyone staying with you to do your meals etc.If not maybe get a carer to check on you at meal times.
Sounds like you had a bad tumble.Hope you soon feel better Penny. :bighugs: :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby widget » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:52 pm

Hope you are getting better and taking it easy, sounds like you had a good going over at the hospital.
widget

Postby Penny » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:57 pm

Thank you both. Not to worry, son provides food and all I have to do is pop it in the Micro. Telephones made handy and cleaner is on a Wednesday. So, fingers crossed, bearing up. cheers
Penny

Postby ciderman_nz » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:19 pm

Oh that sounds painful! Hope recovery is swift.
ciderman_nz

Postby Maywalk » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:01 pm

Penny wrote:How I wish we could all go back to the days when everyone posted on here. Often wondered if it was my fault as I used to post a lot.
cheers Penny

I am SO sorry to read about your fall and I hope you will soon be back training for the Marathon to keep me company. :mrgreen:

NO IT IS NOT your fault that the forum went so slow Penny.
I think we are all to blame in a way and I have to own up to being one of the worst for not popping in but what with practically living in the ruddy hospital over the last 5 years with broken bones due to my bones now being so brittle and chest infections, I have felt drugged up half the time with the ruddy med's.
Facebook also takes up some of my time with so many folks coming to me for stories about the war years. Mind you it helped to take my mind of the hip I broke in three places which never healed and now I am very disabled and housebound.
NO not looking for sympathy just trying to explain my absence for not calling in for long spells.
I finished up in hospital a week before Xmas and after a 13 hour wait in the ambulance outside the hospital BUT I STILL BACK THE AMBULANCE STAFF.
I finally got x-rayed at 1am in the morning that shows I have a lesion on my left lung.
Now I am fighting with infected ears.
This growing old business is not all its cracked up to be but having said that I am still a very lucky lady.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes