Children Growing Up

Except Personal Attacks

Children Growing Up

Postby Penny » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:58 pm

Am I wrong, all this stuff continued in papers. Sure all are the same. When a first wanted baby is born everyone adores it, the second comes along and the first is jealous.As the second grows h/she sets out to prove they are better than the first. I am sure this happens worldwide, I can remember this when my sister and I were young. She had no time for me and left home early so mom and dad did all they could for me. Wonder if this is the same problem today. cheers
Penny

Re: Children Growing Up

Postby widget » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:38 pm

I have two children, a boy first then 16 months later a girl, they got on well as 'kids' now they are very grown up and I sometimes feel there is a bit of jealousy, but they do not live near each other so don't see a lot of each other. we as parents tried to treat them equal.
widget

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:51 pm

As an only child I often think that it would have been nice to have a sibling, but I'm not sure of course. I have 4 children and now 9 grandchildren so I have done my bit to keep the population going. I sometimes think about how evolution causes us to have a close affinity ( usually called 'love') with our offspring. Logic would assume that the arrival of a tiny human would ask what use it is. Just chuck it in the bushes, it's no use for anything. Just as well it doesn't work that way. We would be extinct!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby widget » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:22 pm

I was an only child and now wish I had a brother or sister, but the father of mine two was one of 11,
2 died early but he was brought up with 4 sisters and 4 brothers, when I first meet him they were all still at home.
widget

Postby Maywalk » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:57 pm

I only had the one son mainly because hubby and I were told to wait at least 12 years before having anymore due to me having a rare blood group.
This was in 1949 well before they found other methods.
We would have liked more but it was not to be so we became foster parents to many others over the years.

My son will be 73 this year and I very often wonder where the years have gone.
I had two brothers and one sister and I was the youngest but they have all passed away. They all died a lot younger than me.
I count myself VERY lucky to still be here to relate tales of years ago to many younger folk who contact me.
Maywalk

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:36 pm

And you have and still do it so very well Maisie.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Maywalk » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:27 pm

Thanks Michael.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes