Hi All

Except Personal Attacks

Hi All

Postby widget » Sat May 27, 2023 3:35 pm

Gone quiet again, hope everyone is OK, weather has improved here so am enjoying the garden, I have a new computer, friend set it all up for me, transferred all from my old onto my new, so I did not lose any address or numbers. love it. its Win 11, not much difference,
widget

Re: Hi All

Postby Penny » Sat May 27, 2023 8:20 pm

Very pleased you have at last logged on. I keep looking but never see a soul. Lovely weather here been sunny all day. and very still. Delighted at news of your new computer I hope you have fun with it. Let us hope others are looking in. Last person I noticed on here was Logans gran. cheers
Penny

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat May 27, 2023 9:47 pm

For some strange reason, all the forums I am on have been so quiet for the last few days. It's good to find somebody at last! :mrgreen:
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Penny » Sat May 27, 2023 10:51 pm

Same all over the place. I have been on line to a chappie called Steve in America for about a couple of years, he and his wife must live miles from anywhere. He has a big dog called Hope. Often have a laugh about that. We often talk about the site closing and we keep signing in which means the site will not close as long as we chat. Hope this one can stay on air, fingers crossed cheers.
Penny

Postby widget » Sun May 28, 2023 9:53 am

I only look in here and IDF, but that is not always interesting, mainly puzzles and things, I sometimes look at the Gardens World Forum but it has an awful lot of adverts which get on my nerves, still it is summer here so off out in the garden to do a 'it' then a long sit down on the sun lounger with a good book,
Books if you watched Magpie Murders on TV you will know what I am about, but I have started reading his books Anthony Horowitz, brilliant, but must be read in order, I am now just starting book 3, the Hawthorne Books.
widget

Postby Penny » Sun May 28, 2023 11:05 am

Morning all, lovely sunny day, very little breeze. My choice is Agatha Christie in Murder She Wrote. Very good and on TV every day, which suits me as I cannot get outside.
Hope everyone is having a good day too. Take care, cheers.
Penny

Postby Penny » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:19 pm

When, oh when are we going to switch on a programme and not find it is a repeat. For weeks and weeks I have tuned in only to find it is a repeat. I know some are being made but I wish the ones I like, such as Father Brown, could be made afresh. Expect it is me being difficult but I would like to see some new episodes. cheers :please:
Penny

Postby widget » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:09 pm

I am not a great TV fan, I normally record what I want to watch and watch it when I want to, I do like drama and detective ones, tonight I did watch Trooping the Colour, bit of a fan as my son was in the Grenadier Guards for 14 years and did the Trooping 2/3 times, they do have to do a lot of training for it, but a spectacle to watch. Still not keen on Camila, she did not seem to enjoy it much.
widget

Postby Penny » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:43 pm

Quite understand your not being into much TV. You must be very proud of your son. Good for you. cheers,
Penny

Postby widget » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:39 pm

A lot cooler today nice breeze, and rain forecast, just been shopping today, then for some unknown reason my Kindle would not upload the book I had just bought, will after spending hours on Google, trying to keep my temper, could just not understand why it had done it, so went to reset it all and found there was nothing on it, complicated I know, but after about 4 hours trying, changing passwords, I have now got it back to how it was, but why is modern technology so complicating.
widget

Postby ciderman_nz » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:47 pm

Not your usual road sign!
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby widget » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:26 am

Very funny, we have deer and frog signs like that here but obviously no penguins, :roflmao: :roflmao:
widget

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:46 am

Ciderman I love the sign. Would love one close to here. Sorry about all your trouble Widget, take all that trouble to put things right only to find they were right in the first place. Drives one crazy. Very dull here today and we had rain overnight. Wonder if this is the start or end of summer.????? :dunno: cheers
Penny

Return to Anything Goes