A real lift me up.

Except Personal Attacks

A real lift me up.

Postby Maywalk » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:01 pm

Hi everyone.
Apologies for not calling in but ruddy health none too good BUT I had a good belly laugh this afternoon when reading some of the old jokes on here.
Having a chuckle at them helped to chase the blues away and if anyone is feeling low just spend an hour in the humour thread.
It certainly made a change from the gloomy ruddy news we hear everyday.

However looking through the threads I wondered how many are no longer with us.
Does anyone know ????

Keep well everyone.
Maywalk

Re: A real lift me up.

Postby widget » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:46 pm

Hi Maywalk, not many of us post on here, we mainly talk/moan about the weather, glad you are still about, give us something to talk about.
widget

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:59 pm

Bit late but good to welcome you back. You will have to join the club and buy some socks. Take care, cheers.
Penny

Postby widget » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:21 am

So glad we have a 'topic' even if it is my socks, funny but I do get cold feet, but when it is hot I like to go bare feet even on the bowling green.
widget

Postby Penny » Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:32 pm

Wonder if you are wearing them today. I still have my heated blanket round my knees. Very dull here today, forecast rain again. Big hug for Logan. cheers.
Penny

Postby widget » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:56 pm

Yep it is still cold here and rain forecast soon, but according to the forecast from Fri onwards we should be 22/24o, so might have to give them a wash then, ha ha
widget

Postby maggieh » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:57 am

Good morning everyone.Pleased to see you are having a laugh with old postings Maywalk.

I got caught in a rain shower yesterday thats twice now. :mrgreen: Was dark and cold here at 8 pm lastnight,blanket on lap socks on feet in July. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby Maywalk » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:23 pm

Hi Folks.
Thanks for getting back to me but would still like to know if any of the old members are still around.
I kept in contact with Pooh for a while on messenger and he was very poorly with COPD.
I contacted him twice to see how he was but got no reply so I could only assume the worst, because I know he would have answered if all was well. :sad:
Maywalk

Postby widget » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:33 pm

It's nice having these 'internet' friends but as you say, when you don't hear from them for a while you do wonder, I have one on Facebook Messenger, must check up on her have not heard for a few days.
widget

Postby Penny » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:04 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny at the moment. The lady who does the lawns has just arrived so I don't think we will have any rain today. It is sad about old friends but at 96 mine have all gone. Have a good day folks and enjoy this sunshine. Take care, cheers.
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:35 pm

Penny I think you are a star with still being able to post at your age.
I still have three years to go to catch up with you and I think its brilliant to think that you can still use your computer to keep in touch with folks.
Well Done.
Maywalk

Postby widget » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:09 am

Blimey Penny, I thought I was old at 85, but you two have made me feel like a 'kid' ha ha, still age is only a number, it is life style and attitude that makes you what you are, just keep going, off to line dancing this morning, nice group of girls, sit down when you want to and nice coffee and biscuits halfway through, if its someone's birthday they bring cakes.
widget

Return to Anything Goes