what is facebook

Except Personal Attacks

what is facebook

Postby Penny » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:50 pm

What exactly is facebook.??
Penny

Re: what is facebook

Postby widget » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:20 pm

To me it's just like another forum, we have a FB page for our Garden Club and the Bowls Club, it is where we can find out all about them, if set up right only certain folk can post on it, but you can have a look at anyone's page, again it like a forum, you put on there what you want to put on there, the young do put a lot of nonsense on there,
You can look at our Garden Club page, [North Walsham Garden Club].
widget

Postby Penny » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:47 pm

Thank you widget, I won;t bother to look any further. I love the folk who post on here. Just like a happy family. Keep enjoying your bowls, with or without socks. take care, cheers.
Penny

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:24 pm

Facebook, for all it's failures, has been a useful tool in reconnecting with old friends from long ago. I check there everyday and I often get 'friend requests' from people I am already friends with, which need to be ignored as it will be a scammer, but I have never had any major problems with facebook.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby widget » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:05 am

I agree ciderman, it like anything on the internet, its what you make it, the young do use it different to us 'oldies', but I personally read more than contribute. do find my bowls and garden club page useful
widget

Postby maggieh » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:55 am

I use facebook to chat with family and friends.Put pictures on etc.Join groups I'm interested in.
maggieh

Postby Maywalk » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:18 pm

ciderman_nz wrote:Facebook, for all it's failures, has been a useful tool in reconnecting with old friends from long ago. I check there everyday and I often get 'friend requests' from people I am already friends with, which need to be ignored as it will be a scammer, but I have never had any major problems with facebook.

I agree Michael.
Its lovely to keep in touch with cyber friends that I met over 20 years ago on various groups, yourself included .
I have been invited to many groups who want to read tales from the past and its certainly helped to keep my brain going.
Maywalk

Postby laurie53 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:00 pm

Thanks for the questions and replies especially yours widget I've never been able to get on with social media but with your rounder explanation I might give it another try and persevere abit longer
laurie53

Postby widget » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:39 pm

Yes keeping Intouch with messenger is a bit easier than email, and just as private, no one else can read your message to your friend.
One I have found is Silversurfers Group, plenty to read on there and you don't have to post, but as it says for silver surfers.

This link might not work, https://www.facebook.com/groups/767537493350199
widget

Return to Anything Goes