What will happen next?

Except Personal Attacks

What will happen next?

Postby Maywalk » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:35 pm

Hi Everyone.

Sorry I have not been in but was whipped off to hospital again after another fall. Anyway when I was sent home they advised me to have an assessment for a carer to help me with my lower garments because I cant bend now due to deformed hip. Been having the carers since last Monday not really to help me because these carers were from the hospital, but just to pass on any comments to the authorities for a bit of help for me towards payment of a carer.

Last night I had the evening one come to see how I managed to get undressed. She was a nice person to speak too and she said I was doing well for my age.
I thanked her and asked her how old she was and to put it crudely I was gobsmacked when she said she was 78yrs ?????????????????????????

Gawd Almighty!!!!!!!! The NHS must be really desperate.

I have nothing against this lady and as I said she was a nice person she said she did not mind doing it for a couple of nights a week.
Not only did she have to travel around 10 miles just to see how I undressed but I was the only one she was coming out to see that night so she had another journey back home in the evening gloom.
Its good to know she likes doing this but at the same time in my opinion I DO think its a big age for this sort of thing especially if I had needed help or had another fall.

Perhaps I am being too cautious?
Maywalk

Re: What will happen next?

Postby widget » Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:33 pm

Does she get paid by the NHS,? thought you had to retire at a certain age, still if she is useful to you, good for her and you, just take it easy and slowly,
widget

Postby ciderman_nz » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:11 pm

Gravity has a lot to answer for Maisie! Sorry to hear of another fall and hope all is well soon.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Maywalk » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:05 am

She must be Widget because this is all through the hospital .
Maywalk

Postby Maywalk » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:06 am

ciderman_nz wrote:Gravity has a lot to answer for Maisie! Sorry to hear of another fall and hope all is well soon.

Thanks Michael. I must take more water with it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby laurie53 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:43 pm

Do you have a health and social care partnership in your area Maisie? I know that being trialled in some parts of England.

The last time I went down, in June , I pressed my pendant alarm and first responders were with with me within 20 minutes which is not bad for a Sunday afternoon and would have been much quicker than an ambulance as it wasn't an emergency, I was just on the floor They had me back in bed and comfortable within 10 minutes, one was a young lad volunteer and the other was a healthcare professional .

If you get a chance to consult or discuss a local health and social care partnership go for it they are very very good/

if ever I am in hospital again there will be no question of bed blocking as soon as I am fit I will be discharged into social care they will either find me a place in a nursing home or send a care home with me
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:14 pm

Yes Laurie we do have that in place here but I never sent for anyone.
I rung 111 for advice because my legs had swollen twice their size and the pain and heat from them was extremely painful.
When I had explained this on the line he asked me if I had had problems before with my legs and I said that I had blot clots after breaking my hip that has never healed and I had had cellulitis.
After asking me about any other medical problems I had he said he was sending the paramedics out.
They were soon with me and carted me off to hospital.
The home carers are sent through the hospital but it could be through a private company and its only for a fortnight, they finish coming this week. They assess the person at home whether the patient is capable or needs help of any description.
Maywalk

Postby laurie53 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:05 pm

The system is obviously different in England. Using my community alarm is exactly the same as darling treble one and the response is the same
Even before health and social care partnerships carers was provided by social services not by the NHS .It must be quite a drain both financially and administratively on the NHS if they have to provide carers
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:16 pm

I have an alarm button Laurie BUT I was only asking advice, which a person can of 111.
It was the person on the other end of the phone who contacted the paramedics AFTER I explained what was happening when he had found out what other medical problems I had.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes