The Bank Holiday weekend

Except Personal Attacks

The Bank Holiday weekend

Postby vannin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:05 am

Yesterday I was in London at 'Inn the Park', St James Park, for a party.

It was my daughter's fortieth birthday and between 1 and 5 p.m. a barbecue/self-serve which was all better than I expected. There were fiftyish guests,and a number of babies who are Charlie's little friends. HE said his first real word to me, twice, apart from the Mamama, Bababa etc. It was 'duck'!

The staff were very good and the food was delicious, it is lovely to spend a Sunday afternoon in an attractive setting, watching the world go by. The pelican had a look at us! The only blip was the weather turning cold but our crowd enjoyed themselves.

A coincidence happened, when a lady I 'know' - but never met - on another forum (on which I mentioned yesterday's celebration) appeared, asking for me. She was dining with her son at the same place. Small world!

What are you all doing or have done, over the weekend?

Viv
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:27 am

What a lovely surprise that must have been Viv.
Did you get time to chat and get to know each other?

I have been on a 460 mile round trip to Maidstone to a wedding reception on Saturday evening. The traffic was horrendous when we got to the Queen Elizabeth toll bridge. No joke sitting in a car with hot sunshine belting down.
After resting overnight at a Travelodge we went up to Norfolk to my son's mobile home. Son and my lovely d-i-l had spent a few days there and came back Friday to take me to the reception.
While at the reception my son realised that he had left something in the mobile home that was essential to him so he asked me if I minded going back with them to pick the equipment up that he had forgotten to put in the car.
Its been quite an exhausting couple of days and I feel shattered with a capital K :mrgreen:
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:00 am

Oh dear, Maisie, you have covered a large part of England on the weekend travels, I am not surprised you are knackered! So that was where the hot sunshine was........over East Kent! It forgot to visit us. But we made our own warmth, I guess!

The person who I met has been on a few of the forums and long ago, she was Thais on Seniority, you may remember. Her avatar was a butterfly but there have been many usernames and avatars since then. She has been a member of the Rowan Tree or the previous forum name.

We chatted for about ten minutes but her son was waiting for her at a table the other end of the complex!

Viv
vannin

Postby Maywalk » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:45 am

Yes I know Thais Viv.
I am a member of her forum but I seldom go in nowadays.

It must have been nice though to meet up with someone who you only knew as a user name even if it was for just a brief chat.
Maywalk

Re: The Bank Holiday weekend

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:46 am

vannin wrote:

There were fiftyish guests,and a number of babies who are Charlie's little friends. HE said his first real word to me, twice, apart from the Mamama, Bababa etc. It was 'duck'!

Viv

Was that just before you were hit on the back of the head by a tennis ball?
Victors Mate

Postby vannin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:32 pm

VM :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

No! And he doesn't have trouble with the letter 'F' either! :roll:

Viv
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:32 pm

Know how you must have felt Maisie, I set off from home at 9.15am went by bus to Folkestone arriving there at 8.30pm where I was picked up by my son and taken another 15 miles, it was a relief to move I was so damn stiff. THE NEXT morning we were waiting at Dover for the ferry to France at 7.45am, we had 2hr sail to Calais then a long drive to the South West of France, Limoge, we arrived around 8pm. It was ruddy hard on the bum!!! so I fully sympathise with you love. :grouphug
dita

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:04 pm

My bank holiday has been just like a normal weekend. Pub lunch and afternoon ramble yesterday. Today the same in reverse, with the exception we had 2 of the grandchildren with us.

Viv, I'd love to see a recent pic of your Charlie... Have you got any to show us?
caroljoyce

Postby vannin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Carol, I have sent a p.m
Viv
vannin

Postby dejavou » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:08 pm

The extra day off work, gave me more time to catch up on jobs at home :dunno:
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Return to Anything Goes