Here is TV interview

Except Personal Attacks

Here is TV interview

Postby Maywalk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:28 pm

They have made TWO mistakes in their documentary, which is, they have called me Maisie Evans but my single name was Johnson and my married one is Walker. Plus they said it will be our Golden wedding this month which is also wrong it will be our Diamond wedding. :evil:
The photos shown is one of me and my mother sitting on the local park and the other was when we went to the station to say 'Goodbye' to my eldest brother who was shipped out to Burma.
It was summer of 1941 when both photos were taken. I did not see my brother again until 1946.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastmidlandstoday/

Click on the above and go to "Watch the latest programme" slide the button across when the video comes up until it is just on the end of the sports report roughly to about just over an inch from the end of the tape. It will then take you to the TV interview.
Maywalk

Postby mo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:44 am

Maisie. That was very interesting. You and your dear husband look so well for your ages.
Dorrie and I were evacuated to Weston Super Mare. Mum and Dad had us evacuated privately, but after a month when they visited us, they decided to take us home as we missed them so much and I guess they missed us too, so we remember being in the thick of the war in London.
Bombs going off all around where we lived in Kilburn.

Gosh it must have been heartwrenching for the parents of those young children who were evacuated in the war.
mo

Postby dita » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:16 am

Have just watched this link and I thought it really great, you were both so relaxed and the interview was really interesting. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Maywalk » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 am

Many thanks Mo and Dita.
I have just had a phone call from the producer apologising for the errors. She has accepted full responsibility for it and said she will send us a recording with everything put right on it.
At least she had the grace to own up to it and as far as I am concerned that will be the end of it.
Maywalk

Postby dita » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:08 pm

As think so as well, Mrs Wa-----Evans :roflmao: :grouphug:
dita

Postby Maywalk » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:41 pm

:roflmao: :mrgreen: :roflmao: :mrgreen: at Dita.
Maywalk

Postby Dragon Lady » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Couldn't find it and gave up! Maybe it has updated from when the link was put up.
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Return to Anything Goes