A disturbed night.

Except Personal Attacks

A disturbed night.

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:04 am

Our burgler alarm went off at 3.00am this morning.
We went down to investigate of course. Tony took a big stick to protect himself (he keeps it under the bed) and I armed myself with a pair of hairdressing scissors.
Thank goodness it was a false alarm.... Can't be too careful as we had a burglary in January... To make matters worse I couldn't get back to sleep afterwards and I've got a lousy streaming cold... Feel real grotty today.

Is your home/property alarmed?
caroljoyce

Postby Rowan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:58 am

Davy hgas installed a burglar alarm system for us - dog sensitive sensors - that's part of his job - it never goes off - well hasn't so far.

I had a bit of a disturbed night though too last night - too hot to sleep (age related) so I went back to bed when Davy went out and missed the bliddy district nurse who changes my dressings. Don't know why the dog didn't wake me up!!

The cold will be the plane journey coming back to bite you Carol!
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Re: A disturbed night.

Postby Victors Mate » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 pm

caroljoyce wrote:Is your home/property alarmed?

Don't think so but it says it gets a bit frightened when there's thunder. :rolleye11:
Victors Mate

Postby Dragon Lady » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:22 pm

I do wish that people who have burglar alarms and set them before going off on holiday would do what they are advised to do and have two nearby keyholders. There is nothing more annoying than being kept awake all night by a constantly sounding burglar alarm (the same goes for car alarms!). I believe that the police will not do anything to stop the alarm either.

I have a nearby neighbour who has an alarm and it went off once in the early hours of the morning. Knowing she was at home, I was out there in my night clothes banging on the door but she slept through the whole thing! It transpired that a spider had walked across the sensor!
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:56 pm

I still don't know what set ours off... could have been a spider I suppose.
Apparently ours went off the other week when we were in Spain. A neigbour told us.

It stops after 10mins though and resets itself so that's not so bad.

Yes Rowan my cold is definitely caught off my travel companions on the plane home from Spain .... atishooooooo !!!!!!
caroljoyce

Postby jollyjack » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:36 am

Have had an alarm for years, my 35 year old son in law fitted it when he was an apprentice. The only time it has gone off in the night was when my daughter and her pal came home very late after drinking and clubbing and left an alarmed door open. We didn't hear the alarm going off but our neighbours on both sides were out in their night clothes and had to phone us to waken us to put the alarm off.
jollyjack

Return to Anything Goes