On A Positive Note........

Except Personal Attacks

On A Positive Note........

Postby toolip2 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:05 pm

I am sick to the teeth of hearing about the PC lot and doom and gloom of what "they" are trying to do tho this country, so I have decided that I am not going to read stories in the dailys or tune into the news everytime it's on or click on the many links givenon forums that take you down a road of sheer misery and blood pressure raising stories, mostly in the Daily Mail or the Daily Express. Nope, I am not going to be sucked into a trough of sheer despond and drear... :sad: :huffin: :groaner:

We went shopping in our nearest bic city and it was treat to the soul as the streets were busy with ordinary folk tooing and froing getting on with their lives and harming no one. There was a farmers market with differnt international foods hot and cold. The city is multi cultural and there was no atmsphere of tension. If you bumped into someone you just said sorry and smiled and went on one's way. The main mall was decorated with really super decs and a grotto and a Nativity. The Borough Council had done a blinder of a job to make the city look good and feel good. Where was this? Peterborough!

Cheered me up no end..so don't let gloom and doom envelope you go out and enjoy what you can and s*d GB and the rest of them!! :roflmao: :roflmao:
toolip2

Postby dita » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:40 pm

We lived in Peterborough for 3 yrs, ran a Newsagent, very multi-cultural, Our time there was very enjoyable and still have friends who we visit often.

I never buy daily's or Sunday papers, occasionally buy our local though. Ruddy news on TV gets me wound up, was going to say gives me the goat then remembered we had young goat here. :hide:
dita

Postby Rowan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:11 am

The shopping malls are busy here too, good farmers market on a Saturday and no real signs of a recession except thaty the old shops have gone and new ones (probably temproary) have opened.

I have never seen any evidence of racial tension.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby toolip2 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:20 am

dita wrote:We lived in Peterborough for 3 yrs, ran a Newsagent, very multi-cultural, Our time there was very enjoyable and still have friends who we visit often.

I never buy daily's or Sunday papers, occasionally buy our local though. Ruddy news on TV gets me wound up, was going to say gives me the goat then remembered we had young goat here. :hide:

Was it a Nanny or a Billy? and did it keep your grass down? I love goats, especially thier faces. As for the dailys, never give them house room. They are all contrived to enrage and stir the nation up into a fine frenzy! :evil: :huffin: :roll:
toolip2

Postby toolip2 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:25 am

Rowan wrote:The shopping malls are busy here too, good farmers market on a Saturday and no real signs of a recession except thaty the old shops have gone and new ones (probably temproary) have opened.

I have never seen any evidence of racial tension.

Same here with our shops. Woolies is still empty but signs that someone else will be in there. A Pound Stretcher probably! :huffin: :roll: Can't see signs of recession here either, which is good. Maybe things will pick up. :roll:
toolip2

Postby dita » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:52 am

Funny really Toolip, we used to keep goats, ducks, chickens and bees, had a smallholding in village, then OH was ill, lost his job. We had to lose it, no money to pay for food. :sad:
dita

Postby toolip2 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:42 pm

dita wrote:Funny really Toolip, we used to keep goats, ducks, chickens and bees, had a smallholding in village, then OH was ill, lost his job. We had to lose it, no money to pay for food. :sad:

Thats a shame, Dita, to have all what you had then have to give it up, but at least you both had those times together but had to move on with life. never know what's round the cornsers, I suppose. :roll:
toolip2

Postby dita » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:18 pm

I used to make lovely icecream with goats milk and fresh egg yolks, we also had our own honey. As you say life changes and you sometimes have to change directions. It was a lovely enjoyable time, at least we experienced it. :roll:
dita

Return to Anything Goes