Cleaning.

Except Personal Attacks

Cleaning.

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:35 am

Do you clean methodically.. one room at a time ... or a bit here and a bit there?
Today I've been methodical and cleaned my entire living room... windows, light fittings, wall pictures, cabinets etc.... even hoovered the curtains!!
This in readiness for the Christmas tree going up.

Tomorrow I plan to scrub the grout between the bathroom tiles with a toothbrush.... exciting eh? :D
caroljoyce

Postby Rowan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:47 am

Life's too short to stuff a mushroom!! Cleaning is not for me, methodically or otherwise!! :sorry:
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Anya » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:43 am

I got through spasms, when I start I can't stop, so I try not to start too often.

My neighbour/friend and I share the chore, we go through his house, from top to bottom, then my house. More fun that way. Then we go out for a meal, or I slap something in the oven.

He likes cleaning windows ????!!!!! Going up ladders and things ????!!!!! I kept feeling guilty, so last year bought him a Little Giant ladder, hoping that at least he would be safe.
Anya

Postby Maywalk » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 am

We have what I call a semi detached dolls bungalow which is plenty big enough for hubby and myself here..................

We always have a clean right through on Thursdays and just flick a feather duster round in the week and go round with the cleaner every other day mainly to keep any dust down because of my asthmatical problems.
Maywalk

Postby Rowan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:48 pm

I cheat, I've got someone who cleans for me. When I was fitter I used to leave it untidy and then have a blitz when it got too bad. I've always been fussy about the kitchen and bathroom though.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Dragon Lady » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:55 pm

B***er cleaning. Well I was going to clean today but having arisen from my pit at 9.45 (I was out last night and had a late night) I suddenly got a phone call from a friend on another forum telling me that a member had posted that they would be in Bath today for the Christmas Market from about mid day on if I wanted to meet up. This was at about 10.30 ish!

I flew into the shower, got washed and dressed, slap on and out and onto the bus. It was a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack for about an hour, but I eventually found them! We had lunch, a little wander around and then it came on to rain so they departed and I caught a bus home.

It was lovely to see them (I have met them several times before so I knew who I was looking for) but the cleaning went out of the window! :mrgreen:
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Victors Mate » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:21 pm

I have a cleaning lady, she comes in for just three hours a week and does what it would take me the thick end of a couple of days to do.

Linda, for that is her name, has weekly jobs and jobs she does in rotation. Her husband John provides much of my veg from his large garden.

In case you think I am lazy I do all my own cooking, washing, washing up, bed linen changing etc. Linsa just keeps my home clean.
Victors Mate

Postby Dragon Lady » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:25 pm

Not at all, VM. It's ideal for a man living on his own. Well done you for getting her.
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Postby Liz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:45 pm

I worked for a doctor and his wife for 25 years, cleaning their house, but when I say house, well it was huge, galleried upstairs, glass domed roof, bedrooms galore, two lots of stairs an in years ago it had the servants part of the house.
So they must have been pleased with what I did to keep me that long.

When hubby bacame poorly I had people telling me to get someone in to do the cleaning for me. I thought about it and yes I had someone come and do it.
But I think with all the years that I did it, I expected everyone else to do it like I did. But she didn't, and so I "let her go" after four weeks. :sunglasses:

So now I am back to doing it myself, upstairs one day and downstairs the next.

VM, does your lady travel :)
I live where its booooootiful
Liz

Postby mo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:10 pm

D.L. I do envy you meeting Top Dog.
To me he was one of the nicest members on any forum.
He was soo kind to me. One thing, I never ever forget is those that have been good to me. Please give him my love when you next get in contact with him.
mo

Postby Dragon Lady » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:29 pm

I will, Maursey!
Dragon Lady
Honorary Member

Return to Anything Goes