Well are you all ready for Christmas?

Except Personal Attacks

Well are you all ready for Christmas?

Postby mo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:48 am

Only six for Christmas dinner this year, but a lot coming over on Boxing evening.

All I hope is that it's better than last Christmas where most of us were laid up with rotten fluey type illnesses.

A double celebration for Dorrie and I as it's our 73rd birthday on Christmas Day.

We won't be seeing each other on Christmas Day as we both have large families of our own, Dorrie now having 3 granddaughters.

What will you be doing on Christmas Day?
mo

Postby Anya » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:30 am

WOW !!!! Twins born on Christmas Day !! I bet the whole hospital celebrated that day, not just your family ?? :grouphug:

Did you feel a bit miffed, not having a birthday during the year? Or did your parents have an 'official' birthday for the two of you? Like the queen?
Anya

Postby Rowan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:03 am

We're having christmas dinner with the family in an hotel. Fingers crossed we can get to the hotel safely (we'll be there from 23rd). In the morning we intend going to each of the nieces homes to see the children open their presents. Santa is coming to the hotel too so it should be an exciting day for them.

Our wee Rowan has taken to making phone calls - I got a couple last week - just a little voice saying "hiya" over and over!! She's a rogue.

Hope none of us are ill this year. Both nieces and both littlies have had either colds,chest infections or tummy bugs so I haven't seen them for two weeks.

On the plus side Sean is home on leave for three weeks and we are having the boys and partners on Boxing Day - nothing formal just family.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby mo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Anya.
Not much fun being born twins on Christmas Day being as we were the youngest of nine.

Our dearest Mum and dad were really hard up and bought us a present between us for our birthday and at Christmas.

No, we weren't bitter, but did feel a little left out when friends of ours who weren't as well behaved as us, one running away from her parents yet had the biggest doll from Santa that
you could imagine
The only thing, is that we were lucky, as we had our parents and family who all loved each other to bits.
mo

Postby Rowan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:05 pm

That's worth all the pressies in the world Mo. The best thing our parents can give us is a happy and secure childhood.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Goes