Do you eat Christmas lunch at home?

Except Personal Attacks

Do you eat Christmas lunch at home?

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Hubby and I are being taken out to Christmas day lunch this year by our son and partner... It's their Christmas present to us.
Anybody else going out to lunch?
caroljoyce

Postby Tiddles » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:23 pm

Never do - always at home - much prefer it that way and I know the meal will be a lot better than if we went to an hotel or restaurant.
Tiddles

Postby Rowan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:00 pm

We were out to lunch - it was very nice and very exxpensive - not a patch on what we woud have had at home. Back to normal next year.
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby clevewyn » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:46 pm

Daughters for Christmas dinner with the kids then swop prezzies.

It`s become a yearly ritual weather permitting.

The brussels sprouts have started to work, one down several to go :oops:
clevewyn

Postby caroljoyce » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:42 am

Rowan wrote:We were out to lunch - it was very nice and very exxpensive - not a patch on what we woud have had at home.

Oh Rowan, you have more confidence in your own cooking than I have in mine.
I think my restaurant Christmas lunch was nicer than my own cooking.... maybe because I didn't have to toil in the kitchen.
caroljoyce

Postby Rowan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Oh I don't cook Carol, either my nieces or Davy do the cooking, me and my sister, well....we're very good at eating!!
Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
Gaelic Proverb

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Rowan
Site Admin

Postby Liz » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:13 am

We had my youngest daughter and family stay with us for Christmas and my eldest daughter invited us all for Christmas and Boxing Day.

My son in law cooked the Christmas dinner which was pefect, and my daughter cooked the boxing day dinner (with the help of her husband as he loves cooking).
Everything was gorgeous.
I live where its booooootiful
Liz

Postby toolip2 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:04 pm

We spent Christmas day on our own which was our choice this year. On Saturday we were expecting our family over all 6 of the, two sons and DIL's and GC. Our edest son and DIL did not come as she was ill so our other son and DIL nad dogs came over and we spent a pleasant day together but missed our sons and ghis family. Hopefully they are coming tomorrow if DIL is well enought.

So today Sunday we are on our tod and its nice chilling out using one gift which is a Kodak digital frame for all our many pics. It holds 4,000!!! :roll: :rolleye11: :roflmao: Plenty of work to do loading it all up from our camera!

TTFN have a good break :grouphug: :banana:
toolip2

Postby mo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:21 am

I always cook Christmas dinner for those who come on that day. I absolutely love the preparing and cooking. All help in their own way so it doesn't come too hard.
I must admit, after all the festivities on Christmas and Boxing Day, it is nice for Bill and I to relax together.
mo

Return to Anything Goes