Once Again .........................

Except Personal Attacks

Once Again .........................

Postby Maywalk » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:52 pm

I have dusted the items below and put them back in my unit.
They are of little value moneywise but just have a sentimental value to me.
Do you have things that you dont want to throw out although they are of no value. ?

The first photo is of three pigs sitting in a car and they belonged to my mother.
They have DRGM printed underneath with the initials HS.
I know that they are of German make but would love to know a bit more about them.
Unfortunately the piggy who is driving has lost an ear. If anyone can enlighten me
about them I would be most grateful because I cant seem to find out anything about them.
I cant say that I really like them but I dont want to chuck them out because it takes me back in time.

As for the Royal Worcester egg coddler that was rather comical how I became the owner. We go back to over 30 years ago when my nephew called with a load of Christmas presents and the wrapping paper asking me if I would wrap them for him.
He was no good at it and he didnt want his family seeing what he had bought them.
I duly wrapped all the presents and made them look very pretty and while packing
them into the bag for him to take home I told him to be careful of the egg coddler and not
to drop it even though it was in a lovely box.
He gave it back to me and said 'Thats your Christmas box.'
He rolled up with laughter at the look on my face after I said it was the first time
I had ever had to wrap my own b****y present.

Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes