Passing the time.

Except Personal Attacks

Passing the time.

Postby Maywalk » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:50 pm

What are you doing to pass the time away during this bad weather spell that we are getting. :?:

Its been too bad underfoot for me to venture out and apart from coming here and one or two other forums I belong to and playing Scrabble on Facebook I decided to get my knitting pins out and start using the yarn up that I have lying around.
I cant knit anything heavy now so I am filling a glory box up with baby items that will either be passed on to charity or to anyone that I know who is having a little one.

I also bought a knitting book that had this article in it. I am putting it on here just in case anyone is interested.

Knitting 4 Heroes Exhibition will be made up of red, white and blue knitted items and hopes to raise funds for the Afghan Heroes, a charity supporting the British Forces in the front line.
Its being organised by Ali Aldridge in memory of her nephew Rifleman William Aldridge who died in Afghanistan.
The backdrop for the exhibition will be a giant Union Jack made up of knitted squares. Each one made up of red white and blue in DK yarn and measures 6 or 9 inches.

Go here for the website http://www.knitting4heroes.blogspot.com

For further information e-mail Ali at cupcake_heaven@hotmail.com
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes