Knittng ladies

Except Personal Attacks

Knittng ladies

Postby Penny » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Last year someone asked for a pattern for a beadspread knitted in squares. I asked round and was promised by a friend she would send it on to me. It arrived today.????????????? Wondered it was still wanted, before I return same. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby mazzy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:58 am

Yes please Penny...patterns are gold dust - if you don't want it yourself you're bound to know someone who will. I am building up quite a collection, and when I go to my knitting club we do a lot of pattern swapping.
mazzy

Postby dita » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:58 pm

I have patterns which were my Mums in a box somewhere too.

At first when I read the title of thread was prepared to knit a lady or two.
Would be a laugh knitting a fellow, the mind boggles. Bits and pieces
come to mind. :banana: :roflmao: :hide: :magnify:
dita

Re: Knittng ladies

Postby toolip2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Penny wrote:Last year someone asked for a pattern for a beadspread knitted in squares. I asked round and was promised by a friend she would send it on to me. It arrived today.????????????? Wondered it was still wanted, before I return same. cheers Penny.

This pattern sounds lovely, Penny.
toolip2

Postby toolip2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:07 pm

dita wrote:I have patterns which were my Mums in a box somewhere too.

At first when I read the title of thread was prepared to knit a lady or two.
Would be a laugh knitting a fellow, the mind boggles. Bits and pieces
come to mind. :banana: :roflmao: :hide: :magnify:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Your Mum's patterns sound interesting, Dita. Which decades were they? I have seen patterns harking back to the 1940's and love to read them. They can be collectors items so why not dig them out? :magnify:
toolip2

Postby toolip2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:11 pm

mazzy wrote:Yes please Penny...patterns are gold dust - if you don't want it yourself you're bound to know someone who will. I am building up quite a collection, and when I go to my knitting club we do a lot of pattern swapping.

This club sounds very inyteresting. I am not a good knitter but enjoy it. I am no good at fancy patterns as I can't concentrate and make mistakes. I am knitting a baby blanket at the moment for our new GD. Its Sirdar Snuggly Snowflake Chunky yarn. Its gorgeous and nice to knit with.
toolip2

Postby dita » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:06 pm

The patterns are from early 40,s no value as they have been used over and over, Mum knitted for me then I knitted for my kids too.

I still enjoy knitting for my Grandkids, but hubby complains cos I sit there clacking. :tantrum2: :evil:
dita

Postby Maywalk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:17 pm

I have a 255 page knitting book that was published in 1945. It has patterns for women, children, men and babies in it.
I wont part with it although I never knit anything from it.
I have had requests though for one or two patterns and the last request was from France for the baby patterns.
I e-mailed the patterns to the person after I had scanned them and she was thrilled to bits because she wanted to dress her baby in clothes of the 40s. She and her husband belonged to the WW2 re-actors group.

I am trying to keep my fingers going by doing a bit of knitting although I cant do fancy knitting now because I get the flipping cramp in my fingers.
I used to love doing Enrelac knitting but I cant do it now. :sad:
Maywalk

Postby toolip2 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:04 am

dita wrote:The patterns are from early 40,s no value as they have been used over and over, Mum knitted for me then I knitted for my kids too.

I still enjoy knitting for my Grandkids, but hubby complains cos I sit there clacking. :tantrum2: :evil:

:roflmao: :roflmao: Not heard it called this before, Dita!!! Steel needles perhaps? :rolleye11:
toolip2

Postby Penny » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Sorry for delay in reply. This machine is a pain in the neck. Having problems with internet until just now. ave PMd Mazzie re pattern. cheers Penny. :grouphug:
Penny

Return to Anything Goes